RivaTuner Tips Pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey all,

I enjoy OCing and I have OCed my cpu, ram, and vid card using coolbits, so I thought I would look into rivatuner.

I installed it but don't really know what the heck I am looking at lol. Anyone got any tips, tricks, or general info about rivatuner or anything that works well that I should try?. I want to hit 9K in 3dmark05 my last score was around 8900. :D

YOU OC'ed your CPU and ram using coolbits :freak: :eek: :amazed:

Anyways you using the latest drivers, thoes always help. Get some better cooling, if you dont already have stock. As5 ;). overclock some more and you defintely got 8900. No big difference between coolbits and rivatuner, they do the same thing. So its not really going to make your score go up if you do the same clockspeeds lol

PZERO I am not a moron I just sound like one sometimes when I try to explain something and it doesn't come out right. Lol :freak:

I OCed my CPU/RAM in my bios like any normal person, then I used coolbits to OC my Vid card. I have the Thermaltake Big Typhoon CPU cooling with AS5 but just stock cooling on my Vid card.

I already am getting over 8900 in 3dmark05 I am just saying I want to increase that around 100 points to be over 9000 :)

Anyway I guess I'll just forget about Rivatuner since it does the same thing as coolbits basically. :p Thanks anyway

Edit: Oh and another thing isn't it a bad idea to have 3rd party cooling on your vid card? If it gets fried I wouldn't be able to refund it whereas with stock if it cooks I can pretend to be dumb and send it in for a new one. :D

I have an EVGA 7800GTX so I think they are good about refunds if I don't go putting 3rd party crap on it. Any thoughts?

Flying-Squirrel said:
Edit: Oh and another thing isn't it a bad idea to have 3rd party cooling on your vid card? If it gets fried I wouldn't be able to refund it whereas with stock if it cooks I can pretend to be dumb and send it in for a new one. :D

I have an EVGA 7800GTX so I think they are good about refunds if I don't go putting 3rd party crap on it. Any thoughts?

If you do mess something up, just put the stock cooler back on and pretend you don't know what happened...

eVGA will replace your video card even if you use a third party heatsink as long as you keep the original.

If your model number ends in AX, DX, and TX

PZEROFGH said:
eVGA will replace your video card even if you use a third party heatsink as long as you keep the original.

If your model number ends in AX, DX, and TX

Well here is my vid card:
eVGA 256-P2-N538-AX With Battlefield 2 Bundle Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

So since it appears to be an AX I guess that means I may have to look into getting a good 3rd party cooling system for it :) I want to OC the pizz out of it :D

Anyone have any recommendations for what would be a top of the line heatsink/fan for an eVGA 7800gtx vid card? It will be a future thing for me cause right now I am broke but I still want to know just because if I find something I want and it is under $100 I usually talk myself into it lol :freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom