rican's Project Phenom 2009 Build Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
****. I just snooped around and found a benchmark with 2x MSAA, Gamer mode, at 2560x1600 where it runs at 28fps. Obviously, I wouldn't give a rat's *** about aa, but still, haha.

that was Guru3D tho... they really push the high end options, and the numbers they get dont really reflect what you'd get in a real world test... so dont really take much note of the G3D numbers, but the comparisons are truly second to none

that was Guru3D tho... they really push the high end options, and the numbers they get dont really reflect what you'd get in a real world test... so dont really take much note of the G3D numbers, but the comparisons are truly second to none

Oh, I know they do. :p It's still interesting to me to see what a piece of hardware can really do when it's accompanied by the best supporting hardware. That's why I like it so much.

but they've started using a Core i7 @ 3.6GHz to test with... and Core 2 still performs slightly better than Nehalem i real gaming situations, so gaming with an e8400 OCed to 4GHz or so on an X48 board (which is a fairly cheap gaming rig these days) will still give you better in game performance than their setup, cept for the few games that use 4 threads in which just about any yorkie @ 3.6 (which isn't really hard on any of them) will give you equal or better performance

sp3220090121132510ys2.png

Rofl, this is with stock voltage and just a multi bump to 18x. still have gpu stock, quality settings on and havent touched the htt.

I think im gonna shoot for 18x220 = 3960mhz with 1.5v...ill drop the ram to DDR2 800mhz and should be set.

once i have the cpu fully stable, ill set my control panel to performance mode and start cranking up the clock on the gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom