Requirements For Overclocking E6600???

Status
Not open for further replies.

the:megalon

Baseband Member
I have an E6600, and I have two questions:

-Is it better to overclock with programs are straight on the BIOS?

-I only have five 120mm. fans and a heatsink (not stock, but I don't the manufacturer) for the CPU. Is it safe to overclock? I'm aiming for 2.7GHz+. Is that reasonable with my cooling system?

Much thanks alot very appreciate and more.

Overclocking these days are fool-proof. It's better to overclock through the BIOS. Software overclocking is not reliable and stable. What are your temperatures? With five 120mm fans, I'm assuming your temps are pretty good. With good temps, you can take it to 3.0+...with good a good overclocking motherboard and memory, of course.

I'm pretty sure the Asus 680i Mobo is good for overclocking. But I'm not sure about the temperature. Can you suggest some software to monitor the temperature? A software that's reliable?

The reason I'm a bit worried about overclocking is because I have an 8800Gtx. Those can get quite hot. So...

I use Everest and it's a very good program for monitoring. You could also use Speedfan or PCWizard.

I use pc wizard google pc wizard 2007 its within 1 degree of my mobo and temp probe so in my experience it is pretty accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom