Removing Plastic Pieces from a Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont use vinyl dye.

If anything spraypaint is best. Let it dry and harden for at least a week before considering applying power to it.

I don't like the way spray paint looks on the circuit board. There is a huge difference in the look afterwards. Dye makes it look like it came from the factory that way. I already know spray paint works, I saw plenty of posts about it. I never saw anyone who tried dye. Its worth a shot and if it doesn't work, I lost a stick of RAM I was going to toss out anyway. I'll keep you all updated when I do it.

ok, so I got crazy one day and took apart an old p2 board... those ram and pci card receptors SUCK to try to take off a board! *course, I was not worried about the board so I just yanked them out* lol, when I was done with it the only thing left was the green board. all IO items off, cpu receptor, all resistors, slots, connectors, everything went off lol. some IO items are really hard to remove as well! I sincerely hope you meet with success...might try it out myself sometime

Yeah, I'm starting to get excited about starting this mod. Unfortunately I'll be graduating in 5 weeks and going to Italy for some fun time. Then it's off to the real world, have to move and everything. I should start on it in around two months.

It's going to be unlike anything you've seen before :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom