Red Led Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any fan that pushes that kind of air is going to be inherently loud. Mainly from the sound of the moving air.

ummm... im pretty sure the noise is mainly mechanical... from the inevitable friction on the bearing... that's why sleeve bearings tend to be louder than ball or FD (as well as getting louder over time)... this friction is also the main cause of fan failure

ummm... im pretty sure the noise is mainly mechanical... from the inevitable friction on the bearing... that's why sleeve bearings tend to be louder than ball or FD (as well as getting louder over time)... this friction is also the main cause of fan failure

Any fan that pushes near 100 cfm or more is going to create a huge amount of noise just from the sound of the air moving through it.

120mm fans spin quite slow in comparison to smaller ones which make most of their noise from the motor.

I just swaped out my 120mm blue led fans for some red ones and i found that logisys makes failrly decent fans, i got them at Buy Computer Parts, Computer Hardware, PC Parts at Best Online Computer Shop - DirectCanada which is a good site for all us canadians. xoxide is great but the duties and all that crap dont make the savings worth it. I find red to be much easier on the eyes just because i found the blue very bright and my wife hated it because it would light up the whole office

I just swaped out my 120mm blue led fans for some red ones and i found that logisys makes failrly decent fans, i got them at Buy Computer Parts, Computer Hardware, PC Parts at Best Online Computer Shop - DirectCanada which is a good site for all us canadians. xoxide is great but the duties and all that crap dont make the savings worth it. I find red to be much easier on the eyes just because i found the blue very bright and my wife hated it because it would light up the whole office

One post and advertising a site already? :confused:

Anyways the blue is extremely bright. My wife gets pretty mad too. I love it though haha

Yate loons are made in china.

Some of the other retailers sell fans that representatives from the legitimate yate loon company deny manufacturing.

After extensive testing fans not sold by Petras often perform noticeably worse and are both noisier and push less air.

China is the land of knock offs and from what me and Alex at Petras have deduced is that even fans are not immune.

lol, do you work for petras or something? I know they're a good shop but your always mentioning them.

lol, do you work for petras or something? I know they're a good shop but your always mentioning them.

I know the owners personally as they are local to me and Alex and Quoc really are great guys.

Alex has done me a few favors and they sponsored some lan parties we put on while I was in high school.

I wish I got a commission for every person I send there, because I'd be a millionaire by now.

They're 120mm x 38mm fans and can't even be compared head to head. Plus at least for me the Red yate loons work out to be significantly cheaper...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom