Red Led Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
yate loons ftw! i ditched my stock fans as soon as i got my case and whacked in 3 120mm yates and an 80mm... keeps it icy in there...

One thing about blue over red, It's way easier on the eyes. red is not as soothing. I have worked with both colors at night and in Helicopters and Tanks we actually changed from red to blue subdued lights some years back because of this. I have thought about red myself and I guess I could live with it but I think I would prefer blue because of the eye fatigue factor. Blue is cooool, ah soooothing LMAO

really depends where you wanna keep the rig... because the human eye tends towards the yellow end of the spectrum, blue seems much fresher to our eyes, and is thus (often) seen as soothing... but if you wanna keep your rig where you sleep its red all the way... for the same reason, human eyes acclimate to red light much more rapidly, and as such a red light will cause your pupils to contract almost 55% less than a blue light (and about 75% less than a white light) of equal luminosity... blue is generally used for dusk/night defense applications because it blends alot better with the surrounding environment in low light conditions...

so really red or blue will accent your rig nicely... it just depends where you wanna keep it

Petras stocks red yate loons 4 for $24

Petra's Tech Shop

Shipping shouldn't be more than 15 bucks or so.

However they'll be out of stock until the end of the month, **** is slow coming from china...

i want something over 60cfm and under 30dba and so far the thermal takes are the only ones capable of it.

Yeah umm, I hope you realize those specs are a bunch of crap.

Thermaltakes from what I've seen, either blow way less air than they say in the case of most their fans, or in the case of their thunderblades, are way louder than the 28db they market them as.

SilenX iExtrema fans... powerful and quiet (the SPL readings are in an anechoic chamber from 1m)

blue -> Newegg.com - SilenX IXP-74-14B 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Case Fans

green -> Newegg.com - SilenX IXP-74-14G 120mm Green LED Case Fan - Case Fans

90 CFM model... but black -> Newegg.com - SilenX IXP-76-18 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans

you can grab those for $20 each (kinda pricey... i know) and the transparent ones you can grab a few LEDs of your choice for $1-2 each and swap the stock LEDs out

EDIT: i forgot to mention these get alot of complaints about build quality... to make sure these last as long as possible (and they will last quite long and stay quiet), ensure that they are level across all planes when you install them, else the bearing gets somewhat noisy and will eventually fail

SilenX iExtrema fans... powerful and quiet (the SPL readings are in an anechoic chamber from 1m)

blue -> Newegg.com - SilenX IXP-74-14B 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Case Fans

green -> Newegg.com - SilenX IXP-74-14G 120mm Green LED Case Fan - Case Fans

90 CFM model... but black -> Newegg.com - SilenX IXP-76-18 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans

you can grab those for $20 each (kinda pricey... i know) and the transparent ones you can grab a few LEDs of your choice for $1-2 each and swap the stock LEDs out

EDIT: i forgot to mention these get alot of complaints about build quality... to make sure these last as long as possible (and they will last quite long and stay quiet), ensure that they are level across all planes when you install them, else the bearing gets somewhat noisy and will eventually fail

God no, those are honestly terrible terrible fans.

The specs are total ******** and especially in water cooling they have hardly any static pressure which makes them useless for radiators.

If your going to drop anywhere near that much of a fan, do yourself a favor and get a real performance fan.

Petra's Tech Shop

These guys really do perform at their rated specs and are well sought after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom