The Reconstruction of Sable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have played a little with the TurboV utility from Asus as far as overclocking goes. I bumped it up to 4.0 at one time but I didn't stress it... just wanted to see if it would run with it.

I need to figure out how to get mt RAM to run at their native 1600. It is running at 1333 presently. I just haven't taken the time to really look in the forums for how to do it properly.

Time to add an update.

My wife let me order my anniversary present (new case - link) and my Christmas present (new monitor - link). I hooked up my monitor as soon as it came in, but just now got around to moving my computer to the new case. And what kind of update would this be without pictures, right?

Here we have my components in my old case. Nothing wrong with the case, other than I needed something that could keep my 965 cooler while Folding. I recently replaced the fans in this case and that helped out, but I have been using this case for six+ years and was really ready for a change.

"We're losing the patient, doctor!"
"I'm not that kind of doctor."

The new case awaiting the brain transplant.

So far, so good. I left my CPU attached as it would have been a bear to remount in this case. The PSU is an Antec Earthwatts 650 that I originally ordered for my wife's computer but I decided to drop it in mine and to put the Corsair into hers.

Getting things wired up. I soon found out that I had to move my top hard drive (OS drive) because of my GTX 260.

Almost there. Lots of connections. I like this case, but it doesn't give you much in the way of helping with wire management.

Just about ready to button it up. I didn't worry about getting the wires hidden for now as I was tired and ready to get my rig back to running. Besides, the space at the bottom of the case is basically wasted as far as air circulation goes.

The one molex hanging out is to be connected to the 120mm fan I mounted on the side of the case.

Success! Everything fired up on the first try.

Lol, patriotic backgrounds ftw. Hows about when I come over I do you an uber cable management job and you cook me dinner? Fair trade? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom