Recommend it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will bring down the load closer to the idle than the Big Typhoon. Idle will be similar probally though. Want looks better? :p

ok then. Would you say it is worth the extra £50 though.

want looks better? that doesnt make sense

What do you prefere the look of, a 'generic' air cooler, or a water cooling system.

£50... Hmmmm.... IMO no. Not on its own, if it could provide a higher overclock, than yes. I don't know really. For when someone sees it and says "Wow" than yes, and the fact that I spent £400 already I barely noticed the £60 on top of it for mine.

Yeah the look of a watercooling system looks amazing compared with a fat fan. Not sure what to go for really. I want to get my cpu overclock much higher, would this watercooling give a much better oc' than the big typhoon

specialblend218 said:
Avoid it at all cost, would be the only recommendation about that kit.

@ Trifid, what is the delta between cpu and ambient?

lol, you used delta in place of difference. thats the first time i ever seen that except in math.

Trifid said:
Room temp was 2/3*c below CPU, but I have a Winnie which runs slightly hotter than Venice, and I didn't use AS5, I used Akasa as I couldn't find mine, so used a firends.

I was just going to prove a point of how inaccurate onboard sensors. Your sensor is reading is reading a DeltT of 2-3c while the best performing block at the moment is has a Delta T of around 11c with a high end DC pump and only the CPU block in the loop. Slow the flow down to what the big water's pump puts out and your looking at the Storm with a delta of around 12-13c. SO how on earth is your CPU running a Delta between 2-3c, well it's not. It's just one of the downsides to onboard sensors. You shouldn't even ask what someone else's temps are. This is one of the biggest problems I see in the forums. The temps shown in your a system are not in very close for that system. Let me elaborate. Just because your board reads 41C does not mean that if the temps drop 5C in real life the board will read 36C. Motherboards are not "absolutely accurate", nor are they "relatively" accurate. This is even worse with in-socket monitoring while watercooling. It is quite possible for the area around the socket to heat up to 50-60C, and influence the temperature measurements of the in-socket thermistor.

Link to the Delta info and PQ curves:
http://www.systemcooling.com/images/reviews/LiquidCooling/Swiftech_Apogee/image25big.gif

Mentali$t here is a great guide to read:
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=71321

Trifid said:
I will answer Specialblend's Q.

TT got a bad rep with their orignal BW, as it had bad fittings, a leaky res often occured after a few months and the temperatures were (often) worse than a good air cooler. All three of these were fixed with the revision of the SE.

It didn't get a bad rap mainly because of that. It got a bad rap because it performs on par with a good heatink. Also the weak pump makes for upgrading nearly impossible and the mixed metals are a no no. Even in the new kit there is still a weak pump a poorly designed block.

I love my Bigwater SE. No it doesn't leak. The tubes fit nice and tight and have a really cool glow with UV lights. Right now I'm at 26*C:). At 2.54GHz!

Mentali$T said:
Yeah the look of a watercooling system looks amazing compared with a fat fan. Not sure what to go for really. I want to get my cpu overclock much higher, would this watercooling give a much better oc' than the big typhoon

The bigwater kit won't get you much higher since they are about on the same performance level.

@ specialblend, couldnt i just change the pump on it to a better one if it is not very good.
If its on par with it then i doubt theres much point in getting it. might as well save myself £50

Mentali$T said:
@ specialblend, couldnt i just change the pump on it to a better one if it is not very good.
If its on par with it then i doubt theres much point in getting it. might as well save myself �50

Yes you could change the pump, but the block is still very poor as it doesn't take advantage of the impingment and turbulent style blocks that have hit the market over the last few years. But by the time you buy another pump and the kit you might as well bought another setup for the same price with better performance. You might check out www.dangerden.com for a nice setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom