Ready to overclock my first build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it doesn't boot, it means theres not enough voltage, but with these E8XXX series, you won't have a problem...make sure ram is set 1:1 or unlinked

just reset your CMOS and it'll revert back to stock settings if you can't get it to boot afterwards

ROFL what is CMOS and how do I reset them?

BTW
I have DDR2 RAM I should still be able to run what your telling me right?

ok i set my Cpu voltage to 1.25 and my FSB to 400. now what do i do?
oh and you said to set the "vcore" I didnt see that so I assumed that it was the cpuvol for my motherboard?

yep... vcore is the voltage across the die... if you've got it set at 1.25V and it boots then that's sweet... if it doesn't boot, then put a bit more voltage through the core (try 1.3-1.35V to compensate for the mad droop P45s get), and set the MCH (NB) voltage to 1.2-1.3V... make sure you've got your RAM timings and voltage set manually and run them at the lowest speed (1:1 ratio = DDR2 800) you can for now

uuh how do i set my ram timings and voltage? and how do I know if it didnt boot or not? and for some reason my mch voltage doesn't reach higher than like .60
I see RAM timing options but I dont know what to do because there is so many different things to pick from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom