Re-Considering Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ok gotcha. I would keep the opty and see how things go with your board. Then if you are not happy with it, you can always choose another board when you have more $

yeah thanks. Is it really hard to overclock if i just want to get it to atleast 2.2 MIN and MAX 2.4?
And should i follow nagasamas instructions?
it did seemed to be really simple and easy? which is good for me btw!!!

make sure the ram has the proper voltage and timings.
begin to increase the external cpu clock in increments of 10-15, and use prime95 or (i prefer) orthos to test for stability, at the BARE MINIMUM a couple of hours. this is just the preliminary stability test, when you reach a good clock, you can test it for 8 hours or so.
try these steps and post back if you have questions.

How can i check before hand if my timings are corrent and voltage too?

and while increasing cpu clock by 10-15...how long should i scan for each increase? And when should I scan for 8 hours?
Since i only want to get to 2.4 ghz max should i scan for 8 hours after that?

and i dont wanna raise my voltage, a lot of people say I dont need to...

You will need to know the specs for your ram. That means you need to know which corsair ram you have. There are many types of 2x512 kits from most manufactuers. Find out exactly which ram sticks you have and then refer to the manufacturer for their specs (timeings/voltage)

If your computer runs a stress test such as prime95 for 12 hours, then chances are you are pretty stable.

I would see how high a can clock and still be able to boot in to windows. Then see how long the system remains stable. Then decrease the fsb a couple notches untill the system can run error free for atleast 8 hours.

register with the forum link I posted the link for, you will learn alot there. I'll check back here again, rite not I have got to get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom