Rate the Wire Management Above You!

It's pretty clean, IMHO there are a one or two minor changes you could do:

- either wrap your IDE cable to make it round or buy a pre-wrapped one.
- turn your HD around, can't tell for sure from the photo.
- use some zip ties to tighten up the wires so there is less freedom/looping.

If you want a big change your next step would be to pull the mobo, cut some holes in the mobo tray and run your cables behind it to make them almost disappear.

Hope that helps, I'm sure others have some other suggestions as well.

As for vernong1992, I appreciate the 10/10 but it's not, I've seen 10's and you can barely see the cables. It's an 8 or 9 job at best....maybe 9 once I get the cables sleeved and shrink wrapped from the tape job.

thanks tho

lmao.. i guess I'm the lenient grader?

It's pretty clean, IMHO there are a one or two minor changes you could do:

- either wrap your IDE cable to make it round or buy a pre-wrapped one.
- turn your HD around, can't tell for sure from the photo.
- use some zip ties to tighten up the wires so there is less freedom/looping.

If you want a big change your next step would be to pull the mobo, cut some holes in the mobo tray and run your cables behind it to make them almost disappear.

by turn the HDD around, you mean so the cables are out the back? If that's what you mean then it is, i did push it back a little so it isn't so protruding. also the IDE cable is only a temp fix cause I'm gonna be upgrading to all SATA drives in the near future.

I did pull the mobo, i don't quite know if you can tell from the pic, but here is the other side of the case

and i also got some zip ties from work and went to town on it, so tell me if this makes it look better.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4331/1203072036tv6.jpg

thanks for your input.

by turn the HDD around, you mean so the cables are out the back? If that's what you mean then it is, i did push it back a little so it isn't so protruding. also the IDE cable is only a temp fix cause I'm gonna be upgrading to all SATA drives in the near future.

I did pull the mobo, i don't quite know if you can tell from the pic, but here is the other side of the case

and i also got some zip ties from work and went to town on it, so tell me if this makes it look better.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4331/1203072036tv6.jpg

thanks for your input.

Doesn't look bad at all, tho I do laugh at your ECS motherboard. Yay for Fry's cpu/mobo combos!!!!

EDIT: On Closer inspection I can't tell, the purple pcb is a definite ECS flag but it almost looks like an ATi chipset saphire board....

Heres mine, i had to tuck the pci-e connector under some cables cause i dont got the 8800gt yet, and ill be upgrading to sata hd's so ill get rid of that ide cable.

s5000105jp0.jpg

Heres some pics of the wiring in my new case after a minimal amount of tidying.

I'm going to be picking up some sleeving and heat shrink and zip ties to take care of a few problem areas. Namely my rear fan wires and the front panel wires. After those are taken care of the wire management should be about as good as it'll get.

**** water cooling makes the case look so much more cluttered than when I had my rig air cooled but it's much more stable and runs nice and quiet like it should.

lol 9.9 ill give you a 9 cos you can still see wires but **** does it look good

Back
Top Bottom