Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Re: Rate the Wiremanagement above you!

Sometimes the motherboard tray have pre cut holes. If not, you would usually use a jigsaw or dremel to cut them. It wouldn't damage the tray, if done correctly.

If you really have bad wire management, the wires will be in the way of the airflow. Think of it this way. You'd run faster through a plain, instead of running through a jungle.

I didn't even use either. I drill a 3/8" Drill to ram holes in then bought a $10 nibbler and went to town. Sure it took longer and hirt more but when it's all you've got.....
DawnofDoom - looks good from what we can tell. Zipties are a man's best friend too, get those pics up!

ROFL, b1gapl, he was saying that as a joke, as in you can't even tell he's using IDE in his case :p

I was referring to thirdshiftdj's question.

edit: Wait...nvm..

OK, i spent ages, dosnt look amazing but its one **** of a difference:

IMG_5330.jpg

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5321.jpg

i removed the mobo and put all the wires so they go underneath the mobo not over the top, tied all stray wires behind the drive cage so they're hidden, unfortunately i cant reverse my HD so the SATA cables will always be there :(

I just helped install a sata hard drive for one of my buddies...and i gott say, WOW. I, never going to ide again. It was so simple neat and easy.

My new rig comes in next week. Ill fix it all up by the weekend and post pics.

SATA is very neat and tidy, rounded IDE cables are an option though

Back
Top Bottom