Rate the Wire Management Above You! - Page 326 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #3251 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: Rate the Wire Management Above You!

[IMG][/IMG]

i finally decided to stop being lazy and rework my cables lol.
i love my corsair carbide 500r white lol.

[IMG][/IMG]

Drogos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:19 AM   #3252 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Well my pc is now done until i build something new hoepfully i long ways from now. got the last piece of the puzzle i wated the corsair H100i. it was the only one left in the store. i wasn't even looking for it it happen to be there lol.

i did some modifications and hid the hard drive bay below the dc drive to let the 2 front fans flow free lol.

AsRock z97x,i5 4690k@ 4.4ghz, Custom Water Loop, Nvidia 980TI 6GB, Corsair Dominators Platinum 16GB 2666mhz ,250 SSD,2TB,2TB Drive ,EVGA Supernova 750G2 PSU,NZXT H440 white. Asus 24" 144hz, LG 42" led lcd.
Drogos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #3253 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

got everything together and running.
reference 780 actually goes pretty well with my other components, better than I thought it would, anyway. except for the stupid green. oh well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0195.jpg (117.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #3254 (permalink)
Build Guru

Rad should go in the back. Pretty much defeating the purpose of having one of those having it mounted so the heat is still blown in your case.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #3255 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Maybe I'll go back in one day and clean my case up. Really nice looking stuff all around from everyone that shares in this topic.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #3256 (permalink)
Build Guru

Besides my ghetto Raidmax from 03 rofl

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #3257 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Besides my ghetto Raidmax from 03 rofl
Still cleaner than mine.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #3258 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhu1949 View Post
Still cleaner than mine.
Well you've got a modular PSU. NO excuse!

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #3259 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Rad should go in the back. Pretty much defeating the purpose of having one of those having it mounted so the heat is still blown in your case.
I disagree. While it is indeed taking heat from radiator into case, it is also sucking cool outside air from front of case THROUGH the radiator (like a car), instead of hot air from inside the case.
The way my stuff is set up, it wouldn't get adequate airflow in the exhaust fan position (as an intake), because its like 4" from the wall. A couple tests ive seen done with the h90 set up as exhaust vs intake show intake at least a couple degrees cooler (corsair also strongly suggests using it as intake for this reason), and this makes perfect sense for the reason I stated above. cool outside air pulling through radiator makes it much more effective than inside hot air.
that, in addition to the gigantic 240mm exhaust fan on top along with the pretty big 140mm rear exhaust fan, I don't think it is introducing too much hot air into the case to be vented.
HAF 932 also has gigantic 240mm intake in front of drive bays and on side panel.
so im positive airflow at this time, which I like better. if I wanted to go negative I would turn side 240 around to exhaust. too many dust bunnies in my house for that lol. In a lesser case without the enormous airflow of the HAF 932, I could see the need for it being an exhaust.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #3260 (permalink)
Build Guru

Yea I have had and have replaced those ****ty large CM fans. They push squat for air dude, and they're 230mm.

If you had decent intake fans to begin with the air inside your PC after negative pressure settles will cool your rad just as effectively as an exhaust. THen, you have way less extremely hot air being dumped into your case and being sucked into your GPU. I own a HAF 922 (scroll back a few pages) and had to replace all 3 of those 230mm fans from CM because they are just terrible. Front and side got replaced for Bitfenix Pros and the top houses my 240mm rad with Noctuas. It provided much more airflow for my 580s and 6 HDDs. The CM fan in front at full blast couldn't even push enough air to reach the other end of the HDD cage.

Edit: Ok I sounded like a total dick there. I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your machine or anything. I'm just saying, I've had experience with several of these Corsair units since the year they were released in a wide array of cases (personal and customer builds). One of the biggest advantages to them is exhausting the heat directly out of your case when paired with proper airflow. The HAF series is made for high air flow, but they definitely don't really have high air flow out of the box. If you like it that way and it works for you, by all means.

Access to my Plex PM me.