Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Add my 8GB set of Ripjaws makes 40. I took them out for the photos because the red doesn't blend well with the rest.

wow, just wow... most programs dont use over 4gb of ram, and the programs that do dont use over 16gb of ram

YOU HAVE 40GB OF RAM
dam...

wow, just wow... most programs dont use over 4gb of ram, and the programs that do dont use over 16gb of ram

YOU HAVE 40GB OF RAM
dam...
No game uses more than 3GB. A lot of 64bit apps can use as much as you let it though.

what do you use your ram for PP? I Think I have seen you mention VM's a few times for os's, but there has to be more to it then that
32GB RAMDisk and 8GB for usage. I let friends use my PC that need a ton of power too. Can be anything from CAD to VM work to whatever.

No game uses more than 3GB. A lot of 64bit apps can use as much as you let it though.

Well you have to take into account running the os though. So just having 3 gigs would cap you. I cant remember how much i used at any given time with windows 7 but i use 2.3 gigs on windows 8.

I'm talking about no game uses more than 3GB of RAM by itself, not counting background RAM usage. 64bit apps capable of lots of RAM usage are limited to how much RAM you assign it or how much you have. I just feel that if you have that much RAM you wont be using an OS that limits how much RAM you can have. Just makes sense.

I just feel that if you have that much RAM you wont be using an OS that limits how much RAM you can have. Just makes sense.
? well thats sort of obvious, why would you have alot of ram then an os thats not capable of utilizing it.

Here is some cable management I did. It's not of my home desktop however.
ServerRack.jpg

Why do I get a feeling I know the exact model of those rack cases....

And why the hell is AC lines on the same side as the network feed? Hello data corruption... :-\

IMO, one on one side, other on the other, just too much of a mess IMO in the way it's set, I have never actually seen a rack setup like that till I saw that picture, usually AC/high current cables on one side, which typically is closest to the PSU of a rack case, and network on the other side, as far as possible away.

Back
Top Bottom