Rate the Wire Management Above You!

I am not a fan of 3rd party boards or coolers on a GPU because I like the potential to put a water block on my card if I ever get the money. Not only that, but I am also not a fan of cards that sag such as this one and the DirectCU2 580. And I also like cards that blow the hot air out of my case.

All that aside, the cooler performs fantastic. I think the point is slightly missed since you can't run all the fans up to 100%, but really you don't need it. Even at full you can hardly hear the fans going and my Sythe fans are louder. This card also cools better than the DirectCU2 580 I had which is saying something because this one is also lighter. Funny thing to also mention here not cooler related is the Asus 580 required dual 8 pins, this one only requires 1 and can overclock higher. Going to say probably because of the extra cooling capacity.

The potential is great if you don't mind huge triple slot monsters that don't blow the air out of the back of your case. I think if you need cooling this great you should just go water considering this cooler is almost the price of a decent block.

Another thing to note is, if I had a choice I would have got an eVGA 580 with a reference cooler instead but I had no choice so I'm happy with this.

So it sounds like I'll be sticking with what I have for now. LOL Not moving the air out of the case just turned me around on it.

No prob. It's really not as bad as I make it sound, but reference coolers do blow air directly out the back which is what I like. These kind of just have 2 or 3 fans blowing air over the heatsinks and the air can flow out the back of the card releasing that heat into your case.

Nice work P, I wish I could w/c but I already put enough on my father to do things he has no clue on.
I wish I could put the loop on my 2011 rig, but unfortunately I need a new block and so far Swiftech hasn't replied back to me on the block with the built in pump.

I got tired of my experiment because I need to run some Photoshop and I'm not doing that on a S939 X2. Since I had time I took the HX850 I had and put that in my case while redoing some cables. Looks nicer I think.

DSCN2223.jpg

DSCN2225.jpg

DSCN2226.jpg

DSCN2228.jpg

DSCN2230.jpg

DSCN2231.jpg

Back
Top Bottom