Rate the Wire Management Above You! - Page 285 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #2841 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: Rate the Wire Management Above You!

The difference between a 8.5 and a 9 is pretty big, I need something in between. A 9 would be a great job, 8.5 would be a pretty good job, 8.8 or 8.9 would be so **** close to a 9 but there might be like a loose fan cable somewhere which bumps it down a notch. Etc.

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
S0ULphIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #2842 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to Luke Send a message via MSN to Luke

^That is what i was getting at.

Server: Core i7 920 | 8GB RAM | Intel 240gb 730 SSD Boot | 3 x 2TB WD RED | Fractal R4
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:10 AM   #2843 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via MSN to Desolation

amd SAPPHIRE 6870
HAF 932 Full Tower
Corsair TX950W PSU
Windows 7 X64
[SIGPIC]http://www.techist.com/pc/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=70112&dateline=128146 3255[/SIGPIC]
Desolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:19 AM   #2844 (permalink)
Build Guru

Solid 8. Cables are great, cept the card on the bottom looks so rogue to me.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:44 AM   #2845 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Just an 8? No way dude, at least a 9.2 What's wrong with it IYO apart from the card on the bottom looking 'rogue'? lol wtf does that even mean?

The only reason I don't give it 9.5/10 is the bottom right. You can see some sata cables and front panel cables looking like they might be a little messed in there.
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 12-09-2010, 06:58 AM   #2846 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to Luke Send a message via MSN to Luke

id give it a 8.5. (remember my rating scheme included sleveing, soldering and over all apperance to get a 10.) The front panel cables area little messy when connecting to the mobo. As soul said the hdd bay looks like it has a bit of a mess in it (if you want to clear that up you could take a pic of it for we can completely see it). The fan cable that is on the back of the case could probably be put somewhere else. There is one rogue cable in the opening in the mobo tray where the sata cables go. The power cable for the botu mcard should also be routed threw the bottum whole for it looks neater.
Server: Core i7 920 | 8GB RAM | Intel 240gb 730 SSD Boot | 3 x 2TB WD RED | Fractal R4
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #2847 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
Just an 8? No way dude, at least a 9.2 What's wrong with it IYO apart from the card on the bottom looking 'rogue'? lol wtf does that even mean?

The only reason I don't give it 9.5/10 is the bottom right. You can see some sata cables and front panel cables looking like they might be a little messed in there.
Because cable management is my thing, and its an 8 to me. There are alot of things i would do personally to make cables disappear, for one putting the card in its top spot.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #2848 (permalink)
Lord Techie

I give it a high 8, possibly a 9, hide the front panel cables a bit better and it would be a low 9 IMO
c0rr0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #2849 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Because cable management is my thing, and its an 8 to me. There are alot of things i would do personally to make cables disappear, for one putting the card in its top spot.
lolk, my bad. See, cable management def isn't my thing.
Putting the card in its top spot would hardly make its power cable less intrusive, at most it'd correct the angle to be a straight 90 instead of being slightly warped. Maybe I'd dock .1 or .2 off for that. If the highest score is 9.5/10, that still leaves you 1.4 or 1.3 points to dock off somewhere else.

The bottom front panel cables being wrapped around the power cables are fine, it's just that red/black cable (front panel speaker connector?) that makes it look messy. That could be hidden I guess. - dock .3
The fan cable at the bottom could have been hidden behind the power cables instead of going over them - dock .2
And lastly, yeah there seems to be something behind the hdd trays that isn't tied down. - on hold.

Seems to me that at minimum, score should be 8.8
Old 12-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #2850 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via MSN to Desolation

i still haven't went threw my whole case, and done cable management i just threw this together after painting the case. just don't have time to go threw the whole thing at moment. thanks for the input ill see what i can do with the wires later thing week.

also that card is on the bottom to get direct air flow from the bottom fan when i move the card up my temp goes up 5 degrees.

and as for the rouge cables most of them are fan cables, just waiting on my fan controller so i don't have to use the mother board to control there speed.

amd SAPPHIRE 6870
HAF 932 Full Tower
Corsair TX950W PSU
Windows 7 X64
[SIGPIC]http://www.techist.com/pc/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=70112&dateline=128146 3255[/SIGPIC]
Desolation is offline   Reply With Quote