Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Personaly I hate the 1-10 scoring system. If it were up to me wire management rating would be a 1-200 scale...hold on, hear me out. It would consist of 3 scores:
- Aesthetic apeal (1-10)
- Management/airflow (1-10)
- Complexity (1-10)

Anyways, I'd add the artistic/aesthetic score and the management score together and then multiply it by the build complexity. One other thing I look at when rating a wire management job, is the actual management. You can't eliminate the wires....it's just not possible, it's about minimizing as much as is reasonably possible. Everything from soldering to the back of the mobo to simple zip tying.

Anyways, applied:

Flow by Sniipe_dog: aesthetics - 9.8, airflow - 9.8, complexity - 9.

Total: 9.8+9.8*9 = 176

Although some of you might think that's a low score for Flow's build, by my anal standards that's one of the best I've given and blows anything I've done out of the water. The only area's I see potential for improvement are to do the gpu power like he did the 24 pin and/or route those power cables behind the mobo instead of how they are there. It's a really beautiful project but the wire management, at the end of the day, is not an overly compliacated setup to begin with....no optical drive, dual cards but only reqiring 2 6pin power supplies, a minimalistic system. Again, a beautiful mod, only a handful of people could pull it off, but it's not the wire management that makes it out of this world.

At the end of the day I like this rating system because it accounts for build complexity. The more junk you fit in there the more you have to work to get the same look as someone running a single gpu or onboard vid, etc...

Anyways, my 2 cents.

Personaly I hate the 1-10 scoring system. If it were up to me wire management rating would be a 1-200 scale...hold on, hear me out. It would consist of 3 scores:
- Aesthetic apeal (1-10)
- Complexity (1-10)

Anyways, I'd add the artistic/aesthetic score and the management score together and then multiply it by the build complexity. One other thing I look at when rating a wire management job, is the actual management. You can't eliminate the wires....it's just not possible, it's about minimizing as much as is reasonably possible. Everything from soldering to the back of the mobo to simple zip tying.

Anyways, applied:

Although some of you might think that's a low score for Flow's build, by my anal standards that's one of the best I've given and blows anything I've done out of the water. The only area's I see potential for improvement are to do the gpu power like he did the 24 pin and/or route those power cables behind the mobo instead of how they are there. It's a really beautiful project but the wire management, at the end of the day, is not an overly compliacated setup to begin with....no optical drive, dual cards but only reqiring 2 6pin power supplies, a minimalistic system. Again, a beautiful mod, only a handful of people could pull it off, but it's not the wire management that makes it out of this world.

At the end of the day I like this rating system because it accounts for build complexity. The more junk you fit in there the more you have to work to get the same look as someone running a single gpu or onboard vid, etc...

Anyways, my 2 cents.

man never thought to look at it like that. i like that rating system. i gotta remember that :)

edit: i am now determined to find something worthy of 200 rating by jfenwick lol

thats not a 10/10 for me because there is no optical drive that i can see, and there are some front panel wires just laying on the bottom randomly.

Or the wire management is so good, the optical drive has become invisible :eek:

- Aesthetic apeal (1-10)
- Complexity (1-10)

Anyways, applied:

Anyways, my 2 cents.

Agreed, that should be the next rating system for wire management imo!

The rad would not take up the whole of the bottom section, I don't think so anyway.

__5.jpg

EDIT: time waste lol

Fail :facepalm:

There is no 8 pin CPU power hoked up either.

1/10, for not being functional.

Back
Top Bottom