Rate the Wire Management Above You!

i don't see how it is overly harsh. Just adding zip ties to keep them together would gain you 2 points, then all you have to do is tuck them in places or zip tie them to the case for the aren't all over the place, then you would have an 8...possibly even a 9 if you did a good job.

Its a htpc they are always a bugger to work with and the thermalright Mystic is a poorly designed one at that. You can't use the bottom 5.25" bay if you have an atx motherboard, the 24 pin power cable is directly under the hdd rack and doesn't provide enough space, the arm has 2x3.5" bays but only the top one is usable as the graphics card blocks the bottom, etc. Its a combination of poor case design and poor parts choice (I was very naive when I started out their are some classic noob questions in my thread history)

I just cleaned up my wires some today. It still is pretty bad but at least its better than before. I'm not sure I can do anymore to it since some of the wires are intertwined and I can't untangle them since the plug is holding the wires together. This is the first time I did anything like this though, so I'm kind of proud of myself :). Here it was before:
1000212z.jpg

Here it is after:
1000229c.jpg

1000230v.jpg

Here is a noob question, is the fan on the cpu heatsink pushing air into it or pulling air from it? I want to know because I was thinking of buying a fan and put in on the outside of the case pointing at the side (not a case fan, but like a mini house fan). I don't want to put it there if the heat sink fan is pulling air out, they would work against each other.

Thanks for the compliment and the tip. Turns out the fan is blowing air into the heatsink, that means I can get a mini house fan and blow it through the vents on the side of the case :). That should help with temps a little too.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by Air should be same as air out. My temps right now after 4 hours and 50 minutes of uptime are 28*C for the processor cores and 69*C for the gpu core. I did play a game for a while just before this though. I don't really want to buy a new case since it's the family computer, my mom doesn't want me messing with it haha. I might try to convince her to let me build one this summer or fall though... Just doing easy fix stuff now to make it run as best as it can. Wish I could get the wires better but it's hard on a store bought machine.

Back
Top Bottom