Rate the Wire Management Above You!

At the same time there is an intrinsic value to how your peers would rank your work. It gives you an idea (if a rough one) of how good your skills are. And it allows you to improve.
based on arbitrary criteria and standards.
The numbers themselves may be a joke, but we all know what good CM and bad CM look like.
What looks good to people depends on how our brains work.
And you will get people who see things differently.

based on arbitrary criteria and standards.
What looks good to people depends on how our brains work.
And you will get people who see things differently.

I think we all can agree that the fewer cables visible, the cleaner the case, which in turn means the score is higher. Yeah people are going to score harsher then others, but the criteria is agreed upon, the definition is set. We all know what good cable management looks like, because we can agree on it.

I guess if we're going to analyze what we constitute as good cable management I'll throw in my 2 cents-

I agree with what zmatt just posted, that's a good base for it. I also think your personal experience as well as how good and creative you are with managing cables has a lot to do with how you rate it. What a seasoned PC tech/builder/enthusiast would score a 6/10, a newbie to the scene (which we all once were) could give it a score of 9/10. I say that mainly because of how cynical we can look to someone who doesn't care or who is new to it.

Before:

computer002.jpg

After (the camera struggled to focus due to all the reflective surfaces):

42b9bfbc.jpg

^you lack one crucial thing mate.....wire Management.

4/10....just add zip ties to those wires (you don't even have to hide the wires, and i would move it to a 6.5/10)

Re: Rate the Wiremanagement above you!

You actually scored me lower then I got first time around on page 5 with no wire management. There is wire management although I am lacking 3-4 zip ties as I don't have any atm and I am still going to move a couple of components around (and its not actually holding a sustainable boot yet). I have routed cables under the mobo as there is no mobo tray and bunched wires into any nooks possible. At the bottom of page 4 is what it originally looked like a couple of years ago.

I'd give it a 7/10.
...because I was considering the case, that's being used. Can you try squeezing those bunch of power cables, in that 5.25" bay?
Ah, I would give you around a 6.75/10. The power cables are in the way, :shocked:. You can try zip tieing some of the cables and taking b1gapl's advice to move it into one of the 5.25" bays.

^i would still give it a 4 mate...like i said, just bunching them together would score you two more points, hiding them would be another 2. It's just my opinion, other people might think it is better then i do...

Back
Top Bottom