Rate the Wire Management Above You!

besides that, should i get at least like an 8.5/10? I rewired the SATA cables and SATA power cables too. Compare to the pics a couple of pages back plz.

we don't grade based on an improvement.. I think it looks like garbage because things aren't in line with anything and just go wherever they want..

also don't beg for scores...

So did anyone really look at my links to my pc and just say, meh?

Well it looks ok to me, maybe a 6.8/10.
The main things that bother me are the blue wire squiggling across the board, the power for the rear fan which goes right infront of the PSU, the way your 4 pin CPU cable and your mobo molex cable meet at angles - are all those even needed? Also nothing is in a straight line eg your front panel cables, and you have a piece of paper in your case.
Good points are; an effort has clearly been made even though it is not that necessary (I can appreciate this), you have followed the line of the wc tubing with your SATA cables and finally with regards to the fan mounted under the graphics card, unless you have a header right there, I cannot see where you get the power for it - well done.

Reason being I have them cables ran that way, they are either to short, or there is no way possible to route them other wise, such as the P4 and molex going to the mobo... I have no other ways to route them, was planning on getting some wireloom to wrap them in. The fan under the video card does have a nb fan header right above the SATA connections, hence the reason you did see it... And as for the blue wire... I dunno, may just unhook it and hope the mobo dont throw off a no fan error code on start...

Edit: Also as for the paper, if I had the money I would have cut some sheet metal and painted that black along with the inside of the case to hide all the SATA cables for my SATA backplane as it is really cluttered with power cables and the such... As for the fan wires, I also have a side fan that hooks up into a connection near the psu so I just said screw it and left that there, may end up taking that fan out though.....

I don't think I can do any better without using a dremel, the pictures should be in sequence.
04022009533.jpg

04022009535.jpg

I tried everything to get the cpu cable into another direction it is impossible there are capacitors in the way at far rear of the case not enabling me to put it under the cards. I routed the 6pin for the gtx260 core 216 under the rear (fan side) of the graphics cards so couldn't put it there. It has to go on top but I have tucked it under the hsf.

04022009537.jpg

04022009538.jpg

Bottom mount psu paired with short cables = fail.

Try getting some extensions as well at 3 pin fan headder to 4 pin molex adaptors to clean up those wires.

Sleeve the front panel wiring.

Together that should clean up most of your clutter.

I have the converters already, forgot about those lol had to get past them to get to my clips and cable ties. Will do that next time I open her up as it would mean taking out all the addon cards.

By reviews it actually does have long cable its just about a cm short of reaching the cpu port and looping behind the mobo tray. When I get a Q9450 and have to remove the mobo I will direct it between the mobo and the tray so that it can reach.
BFG ES 800 Watt PSU review

Sleeving the front panel wiring would prevent me from directing the 6pin under the 8800gts and gtx260 leading to an ultimate fail as the cable would have to go over the front without mobo tray modification.

here is a proper pic with the correct lighting as requested:

S5000301.jpg

I still need to install the backplate on my gpu, and the wire loom is only temporary, ill be replacing that stuff with proper wire sleeving.

Back
Top Bottom