Rate the Wire Management Above You! - Page 196 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Old 02-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #1951 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!
Default Re: Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Originally Posted by Wildside View Post

besides that, should i get at least like an 8.5/10? I rewired the SATA cables and SATA power cables too. Compare to the pics a couple of pages back plz.
we don't grade based on an improvement.. I think it looks like garbage because things aren't in line with anything and just go wherever they want..

also don't beg for scores...

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Peter.Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #1952 (permalink)
Seg Fault'n

Originally Posted by charles_scott View Post
So did anyone really look at my links to my pc and just say, meh?
Well it looks ok to me, maybe a 6.8/10.
The main things that bother me are the blue wire squiggling across the board, the power for the rear fan which goes right infront of the PSU, the way your 4 pin CPU cable and your mobo molex cable meet at angles - are all those even needed? Also nothing is in a straight line eg your front panel cables, and you have a piece of paper in your case.
Good points are; an effort has clearly been made even though it is not that necessary (I can appreciate this), you have followed the line of the wc tubing with your SATA cables and finally with regards to the fan mounted under the graphics card, unless you have a header right there, I cannot see where you get the power for it - well done.

There are in order of increasing severity: lies, darn lies, statistics, and computer benchmarks. - diskinfo man page
"Get your money and let's go to court!" - Craig Mudie, MS
kmote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #1953 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to Stevo808

Ill be posting my pics up later when i get new battery's for my camera.
<---- Please REP if i was helpful! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Stevo808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #1954 (permalink)
Camera junky

im hoping i will have my raven by the time my junk comes back. it looks like wiremanagement will be beast in it!

intel Core I7 4770k@ 4.0ghz-Nvidia GTX980-MSI Z87G45 mobo-8gb ddr3 Corsair Vengeance Blue-ADATA SX900 128gb ssd 2x in raid 0 500gb hdd and 1tb network drive- EVGA 750w bronze-NZXT RAZER H440 LE-55 inch samsung 8000 series LEd-BENQ XL2411Z-Logitech z906 THX 5.1, Microsoft sculpt KB Razer NAGA 2014
Poizen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #1955 (permalink)
The Grinch

Reason being I have them cables ran that way, they are either to short, or there is no way possible to route them other wise, such as the P4 and molex going to the mobo... I have no other ways to route them, was planning on getting some wireloom to wrap them in. The fan under the video card does have a nb fan header right above the SATA connections, hence the reason you did see it... And as for the blue wire... I dunno, may just unhook it and hope the mobo dont throw off a no fan error code on start...

Edit: Also as for the paper, if I had the money I would have cut some sheet metal and painted that black along with the inside of the case to hide all the SATA cables for my SATA backplane as it is really cluttered with power cables and the such... As for the fan wires, I also have a side fan that hooks up into a connection near the psu so I just said screw it and left that there, may end up taking that fan out though.....
c0rr0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #1956 (permalink)

I don't think I can do any better without using a dremel, the pictures should be in sequence.

I tried everything to get the cpu cable into another direction it is impossible there are capacitors in the way at far rear of the case not enabling me to put it under the cards. I routed the 6pin for the gtx260 core 216 under the rear (fan side) of the graphics cards so couldn't put it there. It has to go on top but I have tucked it under the hsf.

saltynay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #1957 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

Bottom mount psu paired with short cables = fail.

Try getting some extensions as well at 3 pin fan headder to 4 pin molex adaptors to clean up those wires.

Sleeve the front panel wiring.

Together that should clean up most of your clutter.
If I help you with something, you think I'm the bomb, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the star under my post.

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #1958 (permalink)

I have the converters already, forgot about those lol had to get past them to get to my clips and cable ties. Will do that next time I open her up as it would mean taking out all the addon cards.

By reviews it actually does have long cable its just about a cm short of reaching the cpu port and looping behind the mobo tray. When I get a Q9450 and have to remove the mobo I will direct it between the mobo and the tray so that it can reach.
BFG ES 800 Watt PSU review

Sleeving the front panel wiring would prevent me from directing the 6pin under the 8800gts and gtx260 leading to an ultimate fail as the cable would have to go over the front without mobo tray modification.
saltynay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #1959 (permalink)
Lord Techie

here is a proper pic with the correct lighting as requested:

I still need to install the backplate on my gpu, and the wire loom is only temporary, ill be replacing that stuff with proper wire sleeving.
3DMARK06 = 20,341 (3.8GHZ)

P7350 | GTX 260M | 4GB DDR2 800 | 320GB HD | X-Fi | Vista 64

Folding Rig/File Server

M775 | E1200 | Foxconn P9657AB
| Dual 8800GT | Antec NeoHE 500 | Barracuda 80GB | Wintec Ampx

ricanflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #1960 (permalink)

Thats SOOOOO cool lookin....... btw your pics missing

Foldie = i7 950@ 4.0Ghz Gigabyte x58a-ud3r EVGA 970 SC Corsair H100 Corsair hx520 3x2gb OCZ Gold Corsair 650D
Woohoo = L5639 @3.1Ghz EVGA SR-2 gtx 260-216 Hyper 212+ Corsair 1050hx 6x2gb Corsair XMS3 Blackhawk Ulra
Alienware 18 - SLI 770M 4700mq 16Gig

patonb is offline   Reply With Quote