Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Why would you need a riser card?

That's what most motherboard come with these days.

A small "sound card" that basically just takes the components of an onboard sound setup, puts them on a small card.

Winds up lessening audio interference and makes more room on the I/O panel for other inputs.

I have one but I wouldn't refer to it as a riser card I always think of riser cards as the things to extend slots to different angles or positions e.g.
283843-a.jpg

Plus those cards aren't really high performance imo as since upgrading to a real soundcard I have seen the light and the difference a good soundcard can make. Having said that I will be attempting to use the ondoard "riser card" from my striker 2 formula on my p5b deluxe which will be a htpc.

if you're gonna be using your HTPC as an extreme HTPC (i mean gnarly speakers and what not), i'd defintely opt for a dedicated sound card, because you'll start hearing the difference very quickly once you get into the high end speaker setups

INTEL Core i7 920 2.67ghz OC'd to 3.0ghz

sorry for the dark pics i hate camera flash

Pics are fine, if U hate the flash, just adjust your exposure and white balance next time.. ;)

:drool: If anyone has a problem with his case, I wanna see what you're running!! This set up is pure SECKS!!!! :drool: !!! :D Has my vote for Best in Thread!!

picture298wn3.jpg

Im known for my wire management skills...this will be no different...well should be better with the nice case.

Some sweet skillz... (Napoleon dynamite voice)

Back
Top Bottom