Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Just thinking about this, running the loop so the water passes through both rads before it hits the cpu block might provide for better cooling.. Just thinking out loud here but I'm thinking it will cool the water the most by passing through two rads before it hits the cpu. The only thing that may suffer is the gpu but really they can take more heat and not be affectted that much by it... They will still be cooled better then the air cooling that was in place...

I'm going to give this a shot. I just hope that I won't need any more tubing to do this...

I'll run some before and after like soulphire suggested and post the results.. It might be a few days before I can get to it though...

Got my cm 690 II advanced finally (2-5 day shipping my donkey, more like 5-10 days...) Went together pretty well, and other than the light button shorting itself out (don't know how, but it smoked a bit and doesn't work anymore lol, CM's sending me a new one though).

2nh2p0x.jpg

^6.5/10

tips:
- turn the fan on your heatsink for the fan wire comes off it facing the mobo.
-Tuck those fan wires at the top under the mobo (if you have to take out screw then put them back in so be it).
-i don't know what that cable is going up the hdd bay, but can it be routed behind the hdd bay instead of in front?
-zip ties. Use them, they are great, and bunching together cables make things look nicer then them all separate.

Dont worry, I have a plan for the cold cathode wires (black sleeving/trim tucking). I'll do it when I get around to mounting the other half of the pump. The black sleeved PWM connector at the bottom right is for the fan, so it's actually concealed with the case closed. Also bare in mind that I have a few more things to switch over to compression fittings.

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

yea for being in the HAF series its airflow is lacking...

and i also wasnt impressed with the mounting system for 120mm fans in the top

and my hot swap bays are kinda a tight fit, kinda gotta wiggle it to get them out

but other than that, its an awesome case

Dont worry, I have a plan for the cold cathode wires (black sleeving/trim tucking). I'll do it when I get around to mounting the other half of the pump. The black sleeved PWM connector at the bottom right is for the fan, so it's actually concealed with the case closed. Also bare in mind that I have a few more things to switch over to compression fittings.

*snip*
Why don't you just use SLI connectors/D-Plugs to bridge the two cards? It would look much cleaner than the tubing you have routed around them now.

Back
Top Bottom