Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Re: Rate the Wiremanagement above you!

I believe schulz should turn his hard drive around and use more right angles with the frontpanel and cathode wires. Scotch tape works great because you can barely see it, bundle them all together and run them along the inside track where the side panel clips in.

when the door goes on you can't see any wires on the bottom or anything so that don't bother the way they are. Also i can't turn the HD around cause of how the cage is so close to the door. The HD wouldn't allow the door to close so that idea has already been throw my mind. If i had more HD's you wouldn't see the there.

Instead of putting it in the cage, you can insert it in your 3.5" drive bay. I did that to mines and it's at a fair idle and load temperature.

i can toss the cage inside the 5.25 bay but i am upgrade to more Hds in the near future.

Heres mine. Been this way for a while and i don't have any before pics or anything but i don't think thats important.

mycomputerpickl2.jpg

Well... before pics are pretty amusing, you could see what I'm talking about on page 15, anyway looks pretty good, zip tie the inverter cables together for the cathode and straighten it out. And the top could look better, but in a mid tower case its a little harder.

Wire management is kinda tricky with the Antec 900, unless you do a bit of modding, to the motherboard tray. See if you can turn the hard drives around. That will clear things up, a bit. Or try packing that bunch of wires, in the drive bays. Zip ties for sure.

Hey...I got that same motherboard.

i really like the cathodes in his 900

insidescaledhh9.png

Oh yeah. Don't even try to top that.

I had planned to do some wire management (hence the upside-down fan) but never found the time. Plus my case would completely suck for doing it. Oh well.

Edit: Ugh. I need to dust.

Back
Top Bottom