Random questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknikull

In Runtime
OK I have some random (and I hope Im posting in the right section) questions. on peoples signatures they have their comp specs..wut does 515/1453 (random nubers) mean after evga geforce 7900GT KO like is that the frame rate or sumthing? and wut does 3-3-3-2-0 mean after 1 (2 x 512) corsair pc3200 RAM?

515/1453 means Core clock/Memory clock speeds, the GPU processor runs at 515mhz and the memory of the GPU runs at 1453mhz. The numbers after the Corsair RAM are it's timings. Don't know what each number stands for though. But I'm sure the many experts here at TF can explain.

well look your GPU up on newegg and it will state the stock clocks in the specs. and for memroy I think you can look it up in BIOS.

If you want to overclock yout GPU ( for NVIDIA) download RIVATUNER and it is as simple as to slider bars turning up the clocks. And for ATI cards download ATITOOL.

For more help just reply with your questions.

if i use rivatuner and turn it up too high will it fry my GPU? (same goes for cpu) hpw can u tell when to back off on the OC tweaking? how do u kno if its ready to fry?

Ok download Rivatuner to OC, now go in small icrements like 5 mhz each time on mem. clock and core clock. also download templogger to monitor temp. (also use to set an alarm.)

Now after you go up a lil. you will need to test for artifacts.( trust me they are bad, signs of going to far.) you will have to download ATITOOL. It is simple to use also click on test for artifacts in the main menu.

Personally I will play my game for like 15 min after going up 10-15 MHZ just to see.

So when OC'ing a GPU go up lil by lil test for artifacts each time, and when you find artifacts just go down on mem. if that dont work put mem up a lil and go down on core until no artifacts.

Overclocking the CPU is done in the bios. It's done by raising the HTT frequency or FSB and making adjustments to other settings for stability. BTW did you pull 3-3-3-2-0 out of your *** or did you actually see that because those are some weird-*** timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom