RAM for XPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkShdw88

In Runtime
Just wondering if you can get get DDR1 RAM (to be used in a shuttle xpc sb81p with intel 915g chipset (supports ddr1 already checked)) to run at 450mhz with latency 2.3.3.8 or lower... i no ther is a ocz one but i cant seem to find em anywher.. any help is appreciated.. thanx, stuart

BlkShdw88, you would have to do alot of OC. You also must make sure your board supports the amount of voltage you would need. Or even OC options through the BIOs.

yeh the board (on sb81p) is ddr voltage between 2.70-2.90 which is not a great deal.. but wat is da best RAM for around 450mhz that could possible hit cas2 at 2.9v??

450Mhz would be DDR900 dude, that's IMPOSSIBLE for DDR1 modules

Especially with that little ass amount of voltage and low cas latency you're talking fairy tales dude, you'll sooner grow a tree of money guarded by a unicorn before you see DDR900

I think he means 450MHz as is DDR450 or 225MHz, in which case most all RAM should be able to hit those speeds with ease.

If he was actually refering to DDR900 I'll have to agree with the above. :p

lmao.. sorry ppl yes i meant DDR450 as in 225mhz not 450mhz... soz 4 confusion.. yes i no most RAM can hit that with ease but can they hit cas 2 at that speed and if so which RAM manufacturer is beta?

why are you so intent on CL of 2 man? CL has basically no effect on bandwidth whatsoever, the ras to cas and ras precharge do.

225Mhz with only 2.9v with CL2.....yeah that's still not a very likely situation dude, unless you get really lucky with your RAM.

wel i latency makes a dif doesnt it? ok wat is the fastest you can get with DDR RAM with 2.2.2.5 then?? and who manufacturers the best RAM for doing this? basically i wanna o/c a 3.2ghz -> 3.6ghz and keep RAM 1:1 which would mean RAM would b at 225mhz.. is this not worth while doing?? should i not worry about o/c?

it's worth while doing it but you arent going to notice any difference from 2 to even 3 Cas latency. We're talking nanoseconds not even perceived by humans in terms of computer performance.

OCZ Platinum Rev2's might be able to do it, but you aren't giving them a whole helluva lot of voltage and still wanting to maintain tight ass timings.

Either those OCZ Or G.Skill LA's will have the greatest chance of doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom