RAM underclocked??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeTheIdiot

Baseband Member
Whilst looking at the overclock section of Everest Home, i noticed that my ram is underclocked to pc2700 speeds (should be pc3200). i have all 4 dimms filled, is this why this has happened? Are there any negative effects of forcing it to run at pc3200 via the bios?

thanks,

joe

hey your mother board most likley can only run all 4dimms with the memory at pc2700.. this is because 3 of the memory slots are double sided support.. and the 4th one is single sided..so it must only run that speed..although im sure forcing it to pc 3200 would not hurt your motherboard..but u might just get no monitor signal in turn.. lol so flash your bios

cheers,
yeah i tried running it at 3200, but i got a bsod, not sure if it was to do with the RAM, but i figured better safe than sorry, so i set it back. thanks for the reply!

joe

This is quite possibly what it is but PC2700 from PC3200 is quite a big hit to your performance.

POst your full specs and if you can a dump from everest.

Hmmm, it also appears that my AGP 4x card is 'underclocked' to 1x :confused: it should definately be running at 4x, however when i try to change the AGP speed from auto to 4x only in the bios it returns itself to 1x (the auto option). Any ideas?!

joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom