Ram Timings

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love to know how someone gets well over 9000 posts in a year, what kind of life do you really have kid? who was your last friend? have u ever had one that WASN'T online? Do you ever give out helpful info or just argue and whine all day?

There is no need for any tattle tales because I am already here, and you are not helping in any way constructive

I've benched at 200MHz 2-2-2-5 and 270MHz 3-4-3-8....wanna guess which is faster?

what point would that be? i never once stated that ram timings out do clock speed, what i did say was if you can achive 2-3-3-6 timings at 233 mhz compared to 3-3-3-8 and it was stable then yea its faster! TADA

You're still missing the point though, if you can continue to loosen timings you should still be increasing clock speed, not keeping them tight

You don't buy DDR400 2-2-2-5 to run 200MHz 2-2-2-5, you are paying for the tighter timings so you can loosen them and increase clock speed...if you aren't overclocking you are fine with value RAM and thus 3-3-3-8 type stuff

The only exception to this would be BH-5s where you can keep timings tight by compensating higher vdimm

some ppl that are nervous of pushin it too far i guess prefer not too like the guy in the topic before who only wanted to push it to about 240 mhz max and i told him to keep the timings and test them then got jumped by some freak and in the end the tight timings proved to be stable at 240 mhz, all i asked before was for him to test them before loosening them if thats as far as hes pushin the ram anyways.

I maybe new here but ive been with other forums for quite some time and i heard some good things about this place but so far it seems to be ran by 12 year olds with temperment problems.

Hell look at my pc 3700 ram that came 3-4-4-8 stock, its went right to 270 mhz at the exact same timings and passed mem test, super pi and prime 95 blend so why can't his ram at stock timings?

Hell look at my pc 3700 ram that came 3-4-4-8 stock, its went right to 270 mhz at the exact same timings and passed mem test, super pi and prime 95 blend so why can't his ram at stock timings?
Apples and oranges, that's like asking why all venices aren't doing 3GHz on air, they're all built differently and will react differently...just like that valueRAM record that idiotec posted here a while ago

You seem to have experience with this stuff which is great since there are few here that do, but right now you are acting like the little kid throwing insults this way and that...so please...stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom