Ram Timings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
i have corsair xms pc 3200 which is at the stock 3-3-3-8 right now. would tightening timings improve performance at all? also i plan on overclocking my cpu and ram so should i even bother changing them?

You increase clockspeed by loosening timings...why the hell do so many people not understand this

whoa sorry man lol i wasnt sure if i oc'ed if it was fine to keep them at stock or not is all and if tightening them helped any really.

oh I can't wait for mr 'overclocked' to come in here

TIGHTEN EM TO 1-1-1-1 timings and then raise it to 250Mhz!!

Charbo - I'm sure you can go a little ways at your current timings....however note that 2gb won't overclock as well as 1gb which doesn't OC as well as 512mb....so I don't know how far you'll be able to go...

since it's not exactly 'top knotch' OC'ing RAM or anything, you might want a fan blowing over the RAM if you're gonna give it 2.8-2.9v trying to raise it up...see how far it'll go at 3-3-3-8 which honestly I doubt very far, and then after that..well you'd have to loosen the timings which would probably wind up just hurting performance more if you had to go with something like 3-4-4-8

ok so do you think the reason i couldnt get past bios when i overclocked my cpu over about 230 or so is because i needed to loosen the ram up?

you really need to read the stickies again lol.

If your RAM is trying to follow your CPU to and above 230MHz and you didn't give it any added voltage and left your timings the same, then yeah that'd most likely be your problem

ok ill check out the oc sticky. im not gonna be oc'ing much till i get watercooling anyway and i might not oc that much anyway.

Nubius said:
oh I can't wait for mr 'overclocked' to come in here

TIGHTEN EM TO 1-1-1-1 timings and then raise it to 250Mhz!!

You seem very jelous of me, u even mention my name in forums ive never looked at, you really need to grow up kid :), its an online forum.

You seem very jelous of me, u even mention my name in forums ive never looked at, you really need to grow up kid , its an online forum.
oh yes I'm extremely jealous, that must be it. I'm simply tired of kids like you who come in and think that they are 'SUPREME KNOW IT ALLS' and argue futile points...now go away and dont get another thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom