RAM Timings

Status
Not open for further replies.

heXTT

Baseband Member
Alright, I think my mobo is underclocking my ram. Checkout these screenshots and tell me if this is true 5-5-5-15 on both sticks or not.

I'm trying to get a 4-4-4-12 timing @ 1:1 on 2.1v. What frequencies should I change in the BIOS with my CPU @ 3.2ghz?

Well your ram is way overclocked, you have to remember its DDR2, so its 400+400 and your way above that... Lower it and you can achieve your timings.

Well...it says 5-7-7-20 doesn't it? So then its not 5-5-5-15...

Set the memory multiplier (SPD) to 2 in the BIOS this will make it run around 712-714. Then change the timings to 4-4-4-12. As it stands now, you RAM is running at 1068.

Set ram speed to 533Mhz it will lower the divider to 1:1

Seems like your mobo is the same as mine:

533Mhz 1:1 - your ram would be 356Mhz
667Mhz 4:5 - your ram would be 445Mhz
800Mhz 2:3 - your ram would be 534Mhz

Most likely you are currently set at 800Mhz, thus the overclock is really high, so your timings are going to suck.

Set ram speed to 533Mhz it will lower the divider to 1:1

Seems like your mobo is the same as mine:

533Mhz 1:1 - your ram would be 356Mhz
667Mhz 4:5 - your ram would be 445Mhz
800Mhz 2:3 - your ram would be 534Mhz

Most likely you are currently set at 800Mhz, thus the overclock is really high, so your timings are going to suck.

WTF?

No. First of all, you cannot set the RAM speed manually. It is directly related to his FSB, and I'm guessing he does not want to lower it. The only way he can change the speed of the RAM is if he changes the memory multiplier MANUALLY...it doesn't do it for you automatically. I know all this because I'm running on the exact same board as he is.

Like I said before, change the Memory Multiplier (SPD) to 2 in the BIOS. This is 1:1. Then you'll have to manually lower the timings to 4-4-4-12. You should be able to do this no problem. I have the same mobo and RAM as you, and I've had mine running @ 714Mhz with timings of 3-4-3-12 with 2.2v.

I am talking about the divider, he said he wanted to run it at 1:1 and I said if its the same as my motherboard, there is no part in BIOS called Divider.. you set if you want the ram to run 533 667 or 800, and by choosing that you choose a 1:1, 4:5, or 2:3 divider.

All I said was the same thing you said, lower the divider from 2:3 to 1:1, and the ram will run 356Mhz (712-714), and he can lower the timings. The reason the timings are high is because his ram is so high of an OC.

If you have the same mobo you know how to change the divider, all I said was in MY BIOS I can't just change the divider, so I said how I would go about it.

I am talking about the divider, he said he wanted to run it at 1:1 and I said if its the same as my motherboard, there is no part in BIOS called Divider.. you set if you want the ram to run 533 667 or 800, and by choosing that you choose a 1:1, 4:5, or 2:3 divider.

His motherboard does have an option to change the divider though.

I've never heard of choosing a multiplier the way you have too. That seems like a very odd way. Your also limited in the speed you can achieve on the RAM if you only have those 3 dividers available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom