ram timings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

an51r

In Runtime
@250mhz my timings are 3-5-5-10 i know the lower the better but do you htink this is low enough or should i try to improve upon this? and if i do improve upon the timings will it be a noticeable increase in performance?

Just leave em'.

You will not see any noticeable difference at all.

Unless you really want to, 3-4-4-8 Should run fine on those sticks, as I have the same pair.

cool thanks, i have another question i want to go farther on my ram but my mobo has 250mhz as the max is there a way around this or do i have to get revised bios???

an51r said:
cool thanks, i have another question i want to go farther on my ram but my mobo has 250mhz as the max is there a way around this or do i have to get revised bios???

that being 250 mhz fsb/htt??? or just for ram.. because if you leave it at 1:1 it should just go up with your fsb/htt

aaaaah i see ok, that was just for the ram i was adjusting manually so if i change form 2t to 1t ram timings it will adjust with the proc.thank you

umm.. i don't think thats exactly what i meant.. i mean leave the ram ratio 1:1... i'm not sure how your motherboard shows it.. so i don't know if thats the case..

but for every mhz your cpu goes up your ram should go up as well...

so this would be 250 mhz cpu (2.5 ghz) and then your ram would be running 250 mhz as well (ddr500)

mmm can't wait to get some Juicy DDR2 1000 Ram :D

500 x 9 = 4.5 GHz :D

Good thing my motherboard with some tweaks and mods will be able to hand 500 FSB :D

Oh boy im so excited.

good luck getting 4.5..... it takes a crap load of voltage staying stable at 3.7.... i have to run 1.55 volts to stay stable at 3.7 ghz with my e6600

i can do 3.8 and 3.9 super pi stable... lol, but 4.0 is when my ram and cpu both start shitting out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom