ram suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
ive building a new computer and i have a gigabyte ga8ik110 mb and a pentium 4 2.8 ghz 800mhz fsb 512k cache so far. i would like to buy some performance ram to pair with this that is good for overclocking and will run stable. also related question. why do they sell ram over ddr 400 like ddr 433 or 466 or 500 if ive never seen any motherboards that say they support anything over ddr 400.

Corsair XMS PC3200 seems to be the choice for performance of the masses, at least here.

Companys and corperations sell ram at higher frequencys than any mbo can handel because of overclocking. If you had a mobo rated for ddr400 and had a stick of pc3200 and overclocked you now would have to overclock the ram as well and that is never good. You dont want to oc your ram ever. If you have say pc3500 in the same situation the ram will now work at the speed it is designed for.
Corsair xms and twin x
Geil optomized pair
Any muchkin
any ocz

thanks for the help i ended up 2 256mb sticks of corsair xms platinum ram. eventually i will probably get another 2 sticks if necessary thnks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom