Is RAM my Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelett

Beta member
Okay, heres the deal....lemme just give you my basic PC specs first.... i have a 1.6Ghz P4; 1500 "mother board" RAM (i dunno what else to call it); 256 MB of DDR RAM; Radion 9700 Pro, and Windows XP..... (i know thats not very detailed, but i think it'll do)

Okay... i play a game called Raven Shield (Tom Clancy) and my computer strugles with FPS (Frames per second)... and frankly...its starting to tick me off... i use a RAM booster and that seems to raise my FPS slightly... But do you guys think that the RAM is really causing the drop in FPS, or is it my POS 1.6 p.4

*Starts Thinking* Or is it both and i just got ripped off by gateway......like everyone said i would? lol

thanks bro, i have all the newest drivers....so i think RAm is teh prob, and u jsut confirmed, it ,lol....

Your graphics card should be more than enough to run that game with all the details if you are playing at 1024x768, especially if you have AF and FSAA off. If you are still lagging it is most definatly a ram problem. 512 seems to be the standard for gamming.

no he did not confirm that the memory is your problem, you put those words into his mouth. i would think it is a software problems probably from your drivers being installed incorrectly.

your 9700 is very good card and 256MB would not be causing your games to suffer that babdly. what is your FPS in the game you mentioned?

I was Playing Raven Shield...and i was getting about 30 FPS when lucky, and about a 15-20 average....i know this game is not the best for FPS, but maybe if i did what that one guy said...turn the AF and the FSAA, can anyone walk me thru that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom