RAM Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

wongb18c

In Runtime
Hey, I never really OCed before so forgive me. Recently, I just put together a new system and want to try it...... I did read some basics on the topic on a few sites but there's still a lot I don't understand. So I want to ask a quick question regarding RAM voltage and RAM clocking....

I have 1GB stick of Corsair DDR2 800mhz (400mhz) RAM in my system right now... it's running at 2.1V. Basically, from what I understand and from what I read, you want to OC the RAM freq so that it at least matches my CPU FSB freq. For my Intel E6600CPU, the FSB is supposedly at 1066mhz. So can I increase the RAM freq by 200mhz WITHOUT increasing the voltage (say 2.3V)?? Also, my motherboard doesn't allow me to just "input" a RAM freq, I have to select from a very limited list of RAM SPD multipliers.... so I just wanted to know if this is indeed the way it's done?

If I bought another stick of the same RAM and ran dual channel, would this remedy the problem without having to OC?

Also, one last newbie question, what's the difference between internal clock and external clock?

Hope someone helps clarify some basics for me, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom