RAM cooling: Mem pipes or fans??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I'm trying to eliminate some fans in my case.. Got around 14.. Since I've been doing my master bathroom remodeling, the dust from the drywall and what not has found it's way into my rig in the other room... EVEN with the door closed!! :freak:

Anyway.. Blew it out today and had a CLOUD of dust..

What would work better; mem pipes or the Fans for the Corsair Dominator RAM sticks?? I've got the heat sinks that came with the board, but I'm just wondering what is more efficient..

Also, there's a chip to the left of my CPU that has an optional fan for it.. Do I need the fan?? It has the copper heat sinks..

Pic of the board;
Asus-M3A32-MVP-Deluxe-WiFi3.jpg

The heatsink with the optional fan attachment is to cool the northbridge. You only need the fan if you are overclocking and increasing the voltage on it. The heat spreaders already on memory are fine. They don't get very hot and you don't need fans for them.

oh, sweet! I wasn't sure if that was the NB or not..

Thanx for the quick response! I'll mess w it tomorrow... Gotta get rid of some of these fans.. Gonna do a LCS with my tax return..

Oh, and In Flames is awesome!! \m/...\m/ .. LOVE my metal!!!

The heatsink with the optional fan attachment is to cool the northbridge. You only need the fan if you are overclocking and increasing the voltage on it. The heat spreaders already on memory are fine. They don't get very hot and you don't need fans for them.

I'm pretty sure the optional fan is only used for watercooling. All my asus boards come w/ them and is only to be used when watercooling w/ minimal air movement. It is otherwise stated to NOT use it when using air cooling as it may create turbulence.

I'm pretty sure the optional fan is only used for watercooling. All my asus boards come w/ them and is only to be used when watercooling w/ minimal air movement. It is otherwise stated to NOT use it when using air cooling as it may create turbulence.

Most motherboards don't say it's only for watercooling. Just that it's optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom