RAM and the A7N8X Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

domwells

In Runtime
I have an A7N8X Deluxe and 2 sticks of OCZ 256MB RAM.
However I have just got Far Cry and you can see it using the hard disk all of the time, so.... more RAM is in order I think.
Given that my 2 sticks are running in dual channel mode and I would like to stick an extra 512MB in my machine, if I get a stick of 512 will i still have a dual channel effect between the 2 256's?
also is it a bad idea to get a 512 stick with a lower Cl than my OCZ stuff (2)?

Cheers.

so, say i got a stick of 512MB with a CL of 2.5 would that make my RAM atm run slower? ie would they all run at 2.5

I am not sure whether or not your memory would still run at a CAS latency of 2.5. I believe you could sustain Dual Channel mode if you had your 2x256 sticks in DIMM1 and DIMM3, not sure what the affect would be to add a memory module to DIMM2.

I might try it though, I have 2x512 Corsair in DIMM1 and DIMM3 to get Dual Channel mode on my Asus A7N8X - Deluxe.

I could try taking my slow ass 512MB DDR333 memory module from my second PC and putting it in my system with Corsair, see what happens.

I've been looking around and I'm thinking of getting a 256MB stick of Corsair XMS Platinum 2700 CL2 because memory is so expensive atm.
Should this work fine?

In the end I went for another stick of OCZ, this time the 3500 with CL2 as the Corsair I was gonna buy uses the Winbond chips which are no longer made :( ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom