RAID Bios freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcr888

Solid State Member
I have just finished putting together my first computer. When I fired it up for the first time, everything ran fine. I entered the bios and set everything up. Then when i reboot to enter the RAID bios by pressing F10, the screen freezes when i get to the bios screen. I am trying to setup two 74gb raptors in RAID 0 on a lanparty dF4 SLI-DR. Is there any reason why the RAID bios screen would freeze?

Is the BIOS configured properly to allow the RAID and SATA funcions? and does it properly detect the hard drives on the correct channels?

dale5605 said:
Is the BIOS configured properly to allow the RAID and SATA funcions? and does it properly detect the hard drives on the correct channels?

Yes, I am pretty sure the BIOS is configured properly. And yes, the hard drives are detected on SATA 3 and 4. I have also checked the harddrive connections. It is frustrating cause I get to the RAID bios screen. I can see that all I have to do is move the two drives listed over to the add side, but none of the keys work.

First select the HDD. Then create the arrays. Make sure you setup the HDD as 32bit, rather then 64. Then click start process. You might be doing something first, which you shouldent be.

Codeine said:
First select the HDD. Then create the arrays. Make sure you setup the HDD as 32bit, rather then 64. Then click start process. You might be doing something first, which you shouldent be.

I can't even do anythig in the RAID bios screen. It comes up and no keys work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom