Radeon X1650 with my 5870

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
hey guys,

my computer i had before this one had a Radeon X1650 XT graphics card in it..., im wondering if there is anyway i can crossfire it with my 5870? i know its only a 256 card but i need to get a new graphics card for my old computer that has an HDMI port so i can make it a HTPC, so i thought might as well put it in my computer?

which brings me to my second question, what is the CHEAPEST graphics card i can get that i can put in my old computer that has a HDMI port? my mother board in my old computer is a NF61S micro 754 mother board. thanks guys

how about this graphics card? will it work with my mother board?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131119

Does your X1650 have a DVI port? If so you can use a DVI to HDMI adapter (dirt cheap since DVI and HDMI use the same signaling methods, it's just a wiring adapter, no chip necessary). This probably won't support HDCP or audio though, but if it's going in a home theater you'll probably have other arrangements for audio (optical/coaxial to receiver).

I don't think you can crossfire an X1650 (or any X series) with the newer ones. The old cards used CrossFire, the newer ones use CrossFireX which are different. Plus the original CrossFire system depended on a "CrossFire Edition" card connected to the regular card, the CrossFireX technology removed this limitation and made all supported cards compatible with each other.

just take your dvi cable and run it from your video card then put the adepter on the end that connects to the tv. its the same way i hook my xbox 360 to my computer monitor.

You can plug the adapter into the TV and use a regular DVI cable, but yes they do make HDMI male to DVI male, I have a cable that is HDMI male on both ends but has DVI male/female coupled together in the middle. It's great since it works as an HDMI cable, HDMI-DVI female adapter, or HDMI-DVI male cord all in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom