Rad vs Fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthTools

Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
I have been thinking of putting two HW Labs Black Ice GT Stealth 240 radiators in my computer like this:

Link to rad site: :::: Hardware Labs - Gen Two ::::

waku0590cx2.jpg

waku0530fe1.jpg

Would that be "alot" better than just having 4x 140mm fans?

a small quote from the source of these pics|and link:

Link to page: VirtualRain: Water Cooling a CoolerMaster Stacker 830

I purchased two of these rads and mounted each one to a pair of fans first using only the middle mounting holes of the rads and custom holes on the 140mm fans. Then the fans were attached to the plexi door on the Stacker 830 using the standard fan mounting screws and holes. Thus the fans can only be removed from the fans if the fans are removed from the door first.
I don't know much about radiators.. do they help alot more than just fans? if so.. how much temp wise?

I have a phase cooler for my CPU (still needs hookup to work).. but I want my graphics cards/ram/wires... to be cooled nicely...

you do undersatnd that the radiators are for a watercooling loop?

they don't help you and will only hinder you if you are trying to air cool your PC...

I know they are for a water cooling loop...

I have phase on my CPU.. I was wondering if hooking two radiators to a water cooling pump will allow me to blow cold air into my computer with the help of fans to cool my GPU and stuff...

I still don't understand...

having two rads on a loop will increase the case temp if your running your stuff at any decent temperatures...

are you saying that you want to watercool your GPU?

I was thinking that putting two water-cooled rads with fans blowing toward them would force cold air into my computer..

my CPU is already phase cooled.. but my GPU and mobo you can cook a steak on.. lol Esp the rig I have now... [ Well done or med.Rare? ]

no, that wouldn't help cool your PC and would waste your money...

if anything, mount double fans (put 2 fans on each mount) instead...

the coolant can't go under ambient temperatures unless your using TEC's so theres no point at all... if anything, it'll hinder airflow a whole lot

fans already push the ambient air into your case

verdict: no

it does look nice with the rads though

I see.. I have heard about using alcohol as a coolant...I know doctors used it to lower human temperatures in some form.. I don't know much about that though. I figured it would force cool air in through the radiator rather than the regular warm outside air..

I reckon I will just double up on fans..

the reason why people run alchohol through their systems (usually denatured) is because alchohol has a lower freezing point

I've been dabbling with some modded A/C chillers which can have water temperatures of -40 to -20 C and thus if you use just plain distilled or even coolant, they will freeze... denatured alcohol mixed with some antifreeze and some distilled won't

The purpose of a radiator is to cool the water inside the loop, thus the water is around the temperature of the ambient area outside (with no other heat sources, so just a rad, t-line and pump loop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom