qx6700 up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
Got the system in my specs put together now. Doesnt overclock as high as the X6800, which i figured would happen since it is a lower stock core frequency and it has more of a chance at being unstable since there are more cores.

But oh well.. playing games and apps.. i wont see any diff between 3.8 and 4.2 lol. Will just be future ready

Only ran 3dmark06 once last night since i finally got it done at 4am lol. On the stock cpu frequ, stock mem, got a 14997 on 3dmark06.

I bought that OCZ memory that looks like the dominator.. About every other restart, it wouldnt post. Maybe a bios flash will help.

One thing to note, i know it has nothing to do with having 4 cores,, duh... but this system is WAY more responsive, probably because of the chipset. I load up 3dmark06 in litterally 1/3 the time i did with the x6800 and the time it takes to load each test is about 1/3 of before also.

And the cellfactor physics demo game is friggin awsome with the graphics maxed out.

Now is everybodies chance to try and beat my super pi score lo

havnt ran super pi and havnt taken any pics. was friggin 4am lol. i will do it tonight if i go down to the basement. I dont even wanna run super pi lol, afraid to see how much lower it is than my x6800 top forum score.

The pic wont be great,, because i dont really care what it looks like anymore lol. Back in my lan party days i did, but now... eh i dont care. Plus with this beast of a power supply, it is like 30% longer than a normal one, so i really dont have anywhere to put excess wires except in a crowded drive bay

i am thinkin about maybe puttin the cards on water, but eh i hate watercooling lol... because i upgrade so much and so often that it is a pain to have to drain it n crap

i'm pretty sure his phase change does better than a freezer...

and jseber.. how much more would it cost to get those 8800's hooked up to your phase change??

NosBoost300 said:
i'm pretty sure his phase change does better than a freezer...

and jseber.. how much more would it cost to get those 8800's hooked up to your phase change??

Do they even have blocks for the g80's yet, or would he have to fabricate his own.

get the 8800s hooked up to phase? Gosh i dont even know where to start lol.

As far as watercooling them, there is a bfg cooler,, a swiftech cooler.. and anotherone, cant remember what brand. It was some european brand. I heard that it is the best.

I also heard that the swiftech is great. The gpu block is separate from the memory block.

And i also have been reading that out of all the waterblocks for the 8800,, the BFG stock( Dangerden) waterblock is by far the worst. The only good thing about it is that it is small enough for the card to not require 2 slots.. which would be nice and i could put my X-fi back in here.

EK waterblocks are what you are thinking about, they are Australian and yes they are the best. I say 2 EK 8800 blocks and 120.3 would be very nice.

O and how much money do you have? Or are you just so far in debt, you are gonna fake your death later this year, so you dont have to pay the bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom