Quick stress test

Status
Not open for further replies.
TonCrafter said:
I hear that all the time, but my cpu idles at 45-50 ALL the time and it's peachy. I've seen it get load temps of 65+ without a hitch. Maybe my cpu just runs hotter than others, but either way.................it doest effect it's performance.
I think the max is around 70, can anyone confirm this?

SomeIranianKid said:
and another thing in cpu-z it shows my voltage jumping between 1.42 and 1.39 and i haven't touched my voltage yet is there something terribly wrong or is cpu-z reading it wrong or is this normal or what can someone please easy my mind about this
CPU-Z usually jumps around a little... is your voltage set to automatic or whatever that choice is, or is it set to something constant like 1.42v. If you're doing some overclocking, it doesn't matter if you've changed it yet so far, but you're going to want to take it off of automatic and select a voltage to make it run at. If CPU-Z is telling you 1.42v, then get as close to that as possible to start.

and will prime95 stop if it encounters an error because i want to run it overnight but if im asleep and it encounters an error will it keep going and screw up my cpu

SomeIranianKid said:
and will prime95 stop if it encounters an error because i want to run it overnight but if im asleep and it encounters an error will it keep going and screw up my cpu

ah ya.. i had the same question, when i ran it with my value ram overclocked to ddr 520.. i left it on to go to the mall to get call of duty 2.. came back, my computer was beeping loud as ****, scard the crap outta me.. just did a manual shut down and restarted it.. thought my computer was gonna blow up.. i was able to hear it from outside my window.. incredibly loud beeping

yes prime95 will stop if it encounters an error, either that or windows will freeze (in which case you'll probably get woken up by beeping) or the pc will crash. there is no such thing as a quick stress test. ALWAYS take your time. personally for every small increment to an overclock i make i will run prime for 10-20 minutes and monitor temps if it passes prime for that long and the temps look good i will keep upping the FSB. i will normally stop at every 100mhz increase i think is stable and give it a loooong stress test, 8-24 hours of prime on each core. there is no sense in rushing things

TonCrafter said:
I hear that all the time, but my cpu idles at 45-50 ALL the time and it's peachy. I've seen it get load temps of 65+ without a hitch. Maybe my cpu just runs hotter than others, but either way.................it doest effect it's performance.

What are you doing let that FX-55 run that hot!!!

Get an xp-120, I put small overclocks on my 55 and i stay below 40 idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom