Quick stress test

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeIranianKid

In Runtime
what is a quick stress test to run will you are raising the fsb 5 at a time im going to use prime95 once im done but i want something quicker for in between

Use prime 95...take your time and test well. You rush and your going to have problems :)

You could run a benchmarking program on it. Like 3dmark05, or 06. It wont tell you if you have an unstable cpu but if you pass without any problems, you could prolly overclock more. Make sure to run prime 95 often though.

ok this is my first time OCin btw so any other tips are welcome (so i should use prime95 ever 5 fsb increase that seems a little excessive) and at what load temperature should i start getting scared at

well my temps are good then im barely pushing 43 on load and im 300mhz in so far and this is on stock and i haven't had to up the voltage yet either

wtk pro l said:
55 load temp is bad. if you break 50 idle. stop.

I hear that all the time, but my cpu idles at 45-50 ALL the time and it's peachy. I've seen it get load temps of 65+ without a hitch. Maybe my cpu just runs hotter than others, but either way.................it doest effect it's performance.

Umm dude if I were you I'd get new cooling. You may think it's it "peachy" but it's really not. That's max load temp for that CPU.

wait up me or the toncrafter dude and yes i know i have value ram and i have set my divider at 166mhz so that should get me up to at least 250 htt and ive set my Ldt/ltd(i don't remeber what its called) to 4x and i have another question about prime95 can i set it to stop once it gets to a error if im going to run it overnight or something

and another thing in cpu-z it shows my voltage jumping between 1.42 and 1.39 and i haven't touched my voltage yet is there something terribly wrong or is cpu-z reading it wrong or is this normal or what can someone please easy my mind about this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom