Quick Question - Best RAM out of this lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw84uk

Baseband Member
thanks

you couldn't recommend a good motherboard could you?

to be used with an intel core 2 duo e6400

I've used the DS3 board with a friends build. Was nice and stable and had a good amount of overclocking options. (He didn't want it overclocked though.) The best chipset for Conroe is the Nvidia 680, but you pay for it.

I would get that one all things considered.

Hey

I am using a DS3 with GeIL Ultra 6400.

its a very nice board, lots of options in the BIOS, would recomment it.

ram is good, its done 450MHz at 4-4-4-12, not pushed it further than that later. the numbers are just the latencies, the lower the better, but doesnt make a HUGE amount difference.

the 680is are HOT, and tend to have nasty fsb holes. personally, I wouldnt pay that much for it when there is stuff like the DS3 for £60-80 avaliable.

I've used the DS3 board with a friends build. Was nice and stable and had a good amount of overclocking options. (He didn't want it overclocked though.) The best chipset for Conroe is the Nvidia 680, but you pay for it.

I would get that one all things considered.

its not the best chipset for an e6300 or e6400.
excellent for any other c2d.
i vote ds3 or p5b.

Or you could get the GeIL 2GB PC2-8500/PC2-6400 UltraPlus, GX22GB8500P4DC/GX22GB6400PDC, both are using Micron D9GMH chips. I personally recommend the 8500 because it is tested and certified to be able to run @1066MHz with 4-4-4-12 @2.4v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom