Questions on water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, it seems like water cooling is one of those things where if you have the money to do it, go ahead and do it, it's useful for the money but not necessary. It's like getting a BMW over a Ford. the Ford will get you from one place to another, but the Beamer will get you there in style.

Yeah I do understand processors are getting much more efficient and air cooling is performing much better. But wouldnt that place a Good water loop evern further ahead? Temp's still being one of the main setbacks to overclockers? I know the 9450 as the FSB wall but I dont believe thats the one I'd be getting. Can't remember, since its so far off that I don't really care to read much into it. Just makes me impatient.

Main main main reason is for fun factor. Looks like a blast XD

I decided to try and cut a window in the case as well. I'm still tryign to figure out how to do it since its steel not aluminum. My ol mans grinder is a bit large lol I don't know how well that'd go over. I couldnt find any online replacement panels for the cosmos so it's a do or die situation.

So it'll look cool when its done too XD Just waitin on cash now >< bleh. I'd like to see how the temp's drop. I hope its a decent amount so I can at least get the hang of overclocking before the yorkfields are released. :S

I'm praying I get my RMA'd mobo back tomorrow so I don't get screwed for christmas lol. If i don't get it tomorrow then It'll be an extra week or so. They shipped out out express a couple days ago though so I expect it. NCIX has STELLAR RMA service. I shipped it in, and they shipped otu a new one express same day they recieved it lol. no questions asked. woo

to heck with trying to go through ASUS's rma lol.

As far as watercooling being greater than air for new chips, the problem comes in that the chips are basically 95% maxxed out on air, so water is almost overkill. I know my q6600 wouldnt overclock any further on water than it does on air. I have already had it as high as 4050mhz @ 1.55v and heat wasnt the issue. It just couldnt handle being run that fast.

ah I see, thats a shame then. Guess I'll be doing it for fun/looks only then ;p ah well ^^. Thanks for all the info vee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom