Questions and comments to my new system welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Actually most PC's these days are coming without them. You can install the SATA drivers with a slipstream CD and/or I believe the Ultimate Boot CD may allow you to install SATA drivers without a floppy. But since the floppy is only $7, why not? That's the real question :p

What is a slipstream CD?

When installing windows it says please insert disK now, meaning floppy only.

You may be right, but for less than 10$ its SOOOO much easier to just do that.

You may be right, but for less than 10$ its SOOOO much easier to just do that.
Yeah...Kinda why I put this at the end of my paragraph:

But since the floppy is only $7, why not? That's the real question

A slipstream CD allows you to create a WinXP that'll install all necessary drivers and if you want completely install WinXP, CD-Key, preferences and all without you even having to be at the computer. You have to know what you're doing though, to be able to create one. It's not just a 5 min job.

When installing windows it says please insert disK now, meaning floppy only.
I know what the message says. I've installed SATA hard drives and drivers before. Besides a CD is a compact DISK right? So disk doesn't mean floppy in every situation.

The Ultimate Boot CD allows you to install drivers that would normally require a floppy. I believe it basically creates somewhat like a ghost floppy which in reality would be your CD-ROM or something of that nature. So instead of looking for a floppy when it asks for that disk you can just put it on a CD.

EDIT: BTW I say you'll be fine with either the ABit AV8-3rd Eye or the MSI Neo2-Platinum. I usually suggest both of those for people wanting a socket 939 AMD64 comp. The MSI Neo2-Platinum has 8 channel audio compared to ABit's 7.1 and that I believe is about the only difference between the two boards. IMO Either one will offer you a good board. The MSI I actually worked with. Has a good amount of BIOS options, enough to overclock if you so wished. RAM Timings, voltages, CPU Frequencies, everything you need. IMO a good solid board. I suspect no less from ABit, however I've never actually used the 3rd-Eye whereas I have used the MSI board so I know first hand that the MSI is a good board. It's just off the fact that ABit is a good quality manufacturer that is known for good stable boards with lots of options that keeps them up there in my top choices

I believe it is Compact Disc.... Anyways wont it give you an option to look for where the files are?

Nubius said:
I know what the message says. I've installed SATA hard drives and drivers before. Besides a CD is a compact DISK right? So disk doesn't mean floppy in every situation.

DisKs are magnetically read examples: Hard disk, floppy disk, ZIP disk

Discs are optically read, Examples: Compact Disc, Digital Video Disc

And the last time i looked you couldn't install drivers from a hard disk, which leaves only floppies, and zip drives, but who honestly uses a zip drive???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom