Questions about OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
Hey guys 2 weeks ago i got my new system first of all my specs.

Core2 Duo E6300, 1066Mhz, s775, 2MB
A Spire CPU Cooler dunno the type look at pic :

945GM-S2 s775 Conroe, 945G, DDRII 667, VGA, PCI-E
1GB Corsair 667 Single channel
X1900XT 512MB, 2xDVI, VIVO, PCI-E Sapphire (Stock Cooler)
Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM, 8MB
Seagate 80GB 7200RPM, 8MB, SATA II
Supertalent CA-601UFK Black
Noisetaker EG425P-VE 420W
LITEON DVD-ROM LTD163 (16x/48x DVD-ROM)

Everything is on stuck settings.

GPU Temp on idle multitasking :

Now a lot of questions

If i Overclock my GPU/CPU/RAM ?
1. How drasticly the tempratures rise?
2. Will any OC to any of the take the warranty off?
3. Will my FPS/Multitasking getter boosted?
4.Will my motherboard support overclocking ?
5. If i decide to OC do you guys have a guide?

PS i have done alot of wiring managment

Overclocking only raises temperatures drastically when you up the voltage. Depending on the core make you have (I have NO idea about Intels new chips, I am an AMD guy.) you can get a drastic preformance increase buy simply uppibng the core clock and not changing the Voltage. For instance i have my AMD 3700+ San Diego (one of the best cores for overclocking) 2.2Ghz OCed to 2.6 and I did not have to up the voltage. Of course, when overclocking, ALWAYS USE AFTERMARKET COOLING. (which you already have).

AS FOR YOU QUESTIONS:

1. read above
2. Yes. OCing voids your warranty
3. Yes, you will see a pretty good increase in preformance, even if you only increase FSB speed and do not up the voltage.
4. That really depends on the Mobo. ASUS and DFI almost always support OCing. DO NOT USE THE UTILITY THAT COMES WITH SAID MOBO. ALWAYS USE A THIRD PARTY UTILITY OR BIOS.
5. There are guides stickied at the top of this section. Probably should check those before the next question you post. They usually have lots of helpful guides. It can save you some typing in the future.

Let me know what kind of mobo you have.

1. depends on how far you overclock, how good your cooling is, what airflow is like, and what voltage you set your hardware at

2. yes, though there really is no way of knowing if somebody has tried to overclock a CPU or video card

3. yes. how much will depend on how far you overclock.

4. I'm not familiar with conroe motherboards. but even if it doesn't, you can use a tool called clockgen

5. there are lots of threads about conroe overclocking here. while I don't own and haven't used a conroe, the basic process of overclocking is usually similar.
to overclock your video card, there is a tool called ATI Tool, which is pretty easy to use even if you haven't used it before.
I use ATI Tool on my 7900 GT, even though it is not an ATI card, and it works very well.

uum if i OC my Radeon through Catalyst will it still void warranty?
what are good speeds for my VGA without raising voltages?
Reaver i have a GA-945GM-S2 mboard Gigabyte its a mini ATX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom