Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pci express

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I have picked up a Badong Super Charge CPU Cooler Ducting Mod for Project PZYCHO B!TCH II (see sig)

It a duct that will allow me to allow air to come from out side case, and derectly onto my CPU.

The question is this is what is the best way to configure this puppy up.
1. CASE --> CASE FAN* --> DUCTING MOD --> HEAT SINK --> CPU
2. CASE --> DUCTING MOD --> FAN* --> HEAT SINK --> CPU
3. CASE --> CASE FAN** --> DUCKING MOD --> 2ND FAN* --> HEAT SINK --> CPU
* Fan Control by Thermaltake Hardcano. Temp. Sensor located under the heatsink next to the CPU core. CPU being used is AMD ATHLON XP 2600+
** Fan controlled Thermaltake X-Controller. Requires me to manually adjust speed.

It would be my opinion that the best use of this mod would be: #2

My reasoning:

1. I used to work in HVAC and the only time we two fans in the same duct was when the duct was over 50 feet long (15.24 meters). Now we were moving a serious volume of air, but my point is that there wouldn't be much restriction through a short duct like the one in the link.
2. Why "waste" the second fan? I mean if one fan is slower than the other it simply becomes a form of restriction.
3. Do you really want the extra noise? two fans=more noise. Personally, i don't care about noise, but some people do.

Anyhow, this is just my opinion. Please keep us updated on the MOD. I kinda like the full tower cases myself...

hercules_upw said:
2. Why "waste" the second fan? I mean if one fan is slower than the other it simply becomes a form of restriction.
3. Do you really want the extra noise? two fans=more noise. Personally, i don't care about noise, but some people do.
hercules_upw, you have convinced me.
I am going to go
CASE --> DUCTING MOD --> FAN* --> HEAT SINK --> CPU
* Fan Control by Thermaltake Hardcano. Temp. Sensor located under the heatsink next to the CPU core.

Now for my next question. I am planning to put an fan filter in there. The reason being is that my that fan in take is going be facing a door, which lead to a kitchen. Now the stove is about 10 meters away. However my farther has this lovely habbit of using TOO much oil in his cooking. This causes lots of smoke**.
** And he normally forgets to turn on the kitchen fan until he relised that the kitchen is full of smoke.
:rolleyes:

Where should I put the fan filter on this set up so that I it will be effective.

Currently I am thinking.
CASE --> FILTER --> DUCTING MOD --> FAN* --> HEAT SINK --> CPU
* Fan Control by Thermaltake Hardcano. Temp. Sensor located under the heatsink next to the CPU core.

At least there it will keep the crap out of the Ducting Mod too.

If I can get your opinion on this, that would be nice.

i think put the filter outside the case
i.e.

filter-case-ducting-fan-heatsink-cpu

that way when you need to clean it you dont have to open the case all the way and take the whole duct thingy apart

aspire.comptech said:
i think put the filter outside the case
i.e.

filter-case-ducting-fan-heatsink-cpu

that way when you need to clean it you dont have to open the case all the way and take the whole duct thingy apart

Wether it's Filter-->Case-->Ducting-->etc or Case-->Filter-->Ducting-->etc, I am still going to be stuck un-screwing the same set of bolts to clean out the filter.

If it going to be that, I'll just debate on what looks better as I see the back end of my case every time I walk into my computer room.

I also voted #2. My reasoning is because having the Fan at the end between the ducting and where you want it to go means that all the air the fan puts out is going where you want it and none of the fans power will be wasted by any leaks in the ducting. I think it would just give you the best airflow that way also. Instead of PUSHING all that air thru the duct the duct is just acting as an intake for the fan and you are SUCKING all the air into the fan thru the duct.

If you look at the instilation instruction pictures on the website thou they have the fan setup like your #1 option, case>fan>duct>heatsing... I wonder if this is on purpouse or thats just how they did the pics and didnt really think about the technical part of the setup when doin the pics.

After seeing that nice ducting it makes me want to get a duct syststem for the new computer im getting!

I installed the Badong Super Charge CPU Cooler Ducting Mod. They are fiddly to install. However the end result in worth it. Since it's taking air in from outside the case, it's reduced the CPU temp.

It used to be a 10c difference between case and cpu temp. This has been reduced down to 3c.

The Badong Super Charge CPU Cooler Ducting Mod are a well worthwhile investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom