Question for all you watercooling kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree... but dangerden is good... but don't cry if u get water on your parts

Thats not a problem anymore... just get non-conductive coolant, a bit more expensive, but doesn't short your parts

the normal liquids don't short your parts either unless they are on (hence the leak test)

From what I've been able to tell, people have had troubles because of heat past 3.0 and some 3.1.

I'm all for going higher then 3.2 if the right watercooling set up would help.

I don't really want to spend more then 200 on a watercooling set up though.

I'd probably also OC my 8800GTS as well. I would now, but it seems like they run rather warm. Then again, people have OC'ed 8800 series with the stock air cooler.

dont be hasty in judging based on cost.

my loop cost me 250 for both cpu and gpu only because i dont use a full coverage block on my gpu which i think is a waste...

Anywho for just a cpu you can make do with 175 bucks or so.

and im assuming your using a full coverage block on your cpu?

a good single fan rad can handle a chip just fine especially if your not cooling a gpu as well., and its not like the price difference between a swiftech mcr-220 and a single fan bix or bip is all that much...

I have a thermaltake kit, and my temps are the same as yours with a 10% overclock. I actually run like that 24/7 with the fans on their lowest setting, no problems at all. Check out the pics and specs...

Is it hard? no... and double check wat your kit comes with, but my liquid is actually non-conductive, which means i can pour it ALL OVER the mobo, and it wont short anythign out... not that you would ever wanna do that of course.

Forgot to post the pic...
CIMG1438.jpg

THis was before i bled the system
CIMG1435.jpg

CIMG1434.jpg

I like your set up, it looks nice.

But why did you only OC from 2.4 to 2.6 with liquid cooling?

I don't know how well those X2 AM2 procs OC, but it seems like you could go farther then just a 200mhz OC.

Is something holding you back? Ram?

I have a thermaltake kit, and my temps are the same as yours with a 10% overclock. I actually run like that 24/7 with the fans on their lowest setting, no problems at all. Check out the pics and specs...

Is it hard? no... and double check wat your kit comes with, but my liquid is actually non-conductive, which means i can pour it ALL OVER the mobo, and it wont short anythign out... not that you would ever wanna do that of course.

Forgot to post the pic...
CIMG1438.jpg

THis was before i bled the system
CIMG1435.jpg

CIMG1434.jpg

whats your temps?

and why did you buy a watercooler when you could have gotten a better video card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom