Question for all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerKammander

TeH ViZarD
of you have built a custom pc.

How hard is it really to build a PC, i bought a gaming pc, and i got ripped off becuase i didnt build it myself, any tips on building one, i just want to make sure i am not getting myself in over my head, and are the anti static wristbands really nessacary?!?

How hard is it really to build a PC

With some research, its not hard at all.

any tips on building one

Go and take a A+ course on computer repair. This will give you some nice fundamentals on computer building/repair. Even if you go and get an A+ book, you'll do pretty good.

Plus there is plenty of guides online to get you going.

If you are really scared of building, you can always get a parts list from us, and bring that list to a local computer shop and get them to build it for you (but whats the fun in that).

over my head

As long as you go slowly and do your homework, youll be fine.

and are the anti static wristbands really nessacary?!?

They are a really good idea to use, especially if you are just starting out.

if you touch the case often to ground yourself and dont build it on a rug while wearing socks you should be all right without but it is insurance, it really isnt all that difficult to build a pc as long as you read some online guides and read the motherboard manual it doesnt require much thought. hardest thing for me was getting the led and power and reset buttons connected to the mobo

i later realized it said where to put them right in the manual so there ya go
any trouble just ask on tech forums and well help ya out

You guys are begginners, so dont rely on the case to ground you. Use the static straps, they are a nice $4 insurance policy. ESD is a little overrated, but, overrated or not, it is still there and can still destroy your parts.

Him said:
You guys are begginners, so dont rely on the case to ground you. Use the static straps, they are a nice $4 insurance policy. ESD is a little overrated, but, overrated or not, it is still there and can still destroy your parts.

And it's always your good cards that go, you can drag a old graphics card on a carpet during a cold dry day and nothing will happen.

But once you get your new stuff BAM.

It isnt that hard :)

Dales back, run

Thats the second syg I've seen in the last few minutes saying to run that Dale is back. Thats wicked funny.

But yeah, when you dont want to fry somethign you prolly wont. But when you dont care whether or not you fry it, you wont. I got my new 6600GT, and my buddy was looking at it, and had his hands ALL over it! Touching all contacts, pins, the whole thing, while never grouding himself. I was wicked pissed! I hope it still works, otherwise he';s buying me a new one.

what if im on a tile floor with a wooden table and a wooden chair?

any way to make one (wrist band) yea im cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom