A question about overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpringNite

In Runtime
Hello guys, when this tech come out, i confuse with it for a long long time although doing a lots of researches over net.

I wanna know that overclocking is it use for make our computer's speed to faster and any negatives happen ? any bad things happen ? i heard my friend that after overclocking,my computer's life will be shorten. is that true ?

Overclocking makes your PC faster yes, if you overclock and you dont have very good fans and a cpu-cooler etc. then your PC will overheat, which will result in your computer crashing and stuff like that.

but if i got a very nice water cooling, will my computer's life become short ? or nothing happen ?

even an overclocked cpu with decent air cooling probably wont have much of a shortened lifespan. those things are designed to run for many many years at stock speed, voltage, temp., etc. Overclocking may take some of that time off, but it will still run longer than you need it to most likely.

An overclocked CPU will have a shorter life span. It's hard to say even if you OC your CPU will last longer then you need. Cooling will help but you're making the CPU work harder so it will most definitly die faster.

yes and also remeber the higher the mhz you will need to give more voltage, i belive estimate with a cpu every 100mhz raise it 0.1v, and thats why you cant go but so far with video cards becasue you cannot raise there voltage. like( MOLSEN) was saying your computer will be oldnews and outdated before anything goes out most likley

as long as you keep stock voltage, overclocking shouldnt really degrade the life of a processor much if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom