Question about OC'd Q9550 Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inserity

Baseband Member
Yep, another one of those threads... :p

I have my Q9550 OC'd to 3.6 and my Idle temps are 45~ Load 65~. I'm using a Xigmatek s1283 with the stock fan.

If I got a new fan (looking at the Ultra Kaze), do ya think it'd decrease temps? The stock fan's only spinnin' 1400rpm. I don't like the temps at all, and I'm looking to OC a bit more but the temp's are scaring me.

Thanks ya.

Edit: Oh I forgot to add my vcore in cpuz shows 1.26 but it might be higher in bios, like 1.28. I'll double check though. And mobo is P5Q Deluxe.

what program are you using to monitor the temps? use realtemp, it is most accurate for 45nm quads IMO.
what are you using to to load the CPU?
if those temps are accurate, yes...the load temp is a little high for that voltage.
i have a 9450 @ 1.25 and the same cooler and i idle at 33-37 (depending on room temp) and load at 53-55* with smp folding on all cores.

Using Realtemp but my TJ.Max is set to 100. Are 45nm Quad's Tj.Max supposed to be set to 100 or 95? I've read that it's 100. If I put it to 95, it shows idle is 40 and that makes me much happier lol.

As for loading it, using prime.

Ok sweet thanks. 40 idle is much better.

So do you think my proc should be able to hit 3.6 at a lower vcore? What's your clock speed set to 24/7? 3.75 like in your sig?

Hm, time to hit the BIOS again. Think I could do 3.8? I had it there for about a month then all the sudden it kept BSODing so I just lowered to 8.5x400 so it's even.

And thanks for the help. We have almost the exact same system. 4870 1GB ftw.

4870 FTW thats what im sayin. i just got a scythe musashi today for mine. werd.
what mobo do you have?

NVM see that you have a deluxe. yeah, 3.8 should be possible for your chip. i will post all my settigns for you and you can go from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom